News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Game Thread- NYG at Arizona

Started by Ed Vette, September 17, 2023, 02:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

Anyway, as I said higher-up, the Comm BUTCHERED the pronunciation of Jamie and Graeme's birthplace, the town of Arbroath.
It's pronounced Arbrowth.
Jamie grew up in my home town of Inverness.
No relation to Inverness's other famous offspring, the divine Karen Gillan.
Smell my cheese you mother!

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

Woody

Great win.     Hard to believe they pulled it out...finally decided to ply the game
Defense still needs work.....two games no sacks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woody

They need to find a way to get Thibs involved in game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kartanoman

Quote from: MagicRat on September 17, 2023, 07:38:58 PMGame ball for 131 (I think I said 151 in the heat of battle).
Those false starts we're on you guys and you were loud and proud on TV.

Just got home and recorded the game so I can't wait to see how we sounded out there.

When it went down 0-20, we were really frustrated. Not because we thought it was a continuation of last week, but because we knew they just needed to start making plays and put pressure on Dobbs, Connor, Brown, Moore and Ertz to stop them. They were making Hernandez look like a Pro Bowl Guard, for crying out loud.

At halftime, I huddled the group of Giants fans around me. All of us were in our 50s and 60s. I just told them, "Look, they're this close to getting something going. Let's turn this place into the Old Giants Stadium and make our voices heard and get this operation going. We're going to help them turn this thing around in the second half."

They all bought in. That's when you should have heard us from 131, the right side of the Giants' bench. Once they got it to 14-28, with the ball coming back to the Giants, I said "Let's turn the volume up so they can hear us on TV!" 21-28 and it took on a life of itself. Even Hyatt was looking up at us, simply amazed, at us Giants fans supporting him and the team all the way here in Arizona.

It was the first game I've attended where the Giants have won since the plane flew over the old Giants Stadium in 1978. Ironically, that was also against the Cardinals. For as infamous that game was, this one will go down as my most memorable and enjoyable Giant game I've ever been to.

Hope you all felt the same.

Signing off the game thread from the Crazy Giants Fans in Section 131!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Woody

Giants need to trade for a really good pass rusher before trade deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Quote from: kingm56 on September 17, 2023, 07:16:42 PMReally good perspective, Kat.  This was too close against a really bad team.  Doesn't negate Jones' performance; still, we need to realistic about this win, as good as it was.
I don't think Az is that bad.. they have lots good parts.

StompYouOT

What a great game to watch!  To think I had just written something not so positive about DJ in another thread at halftime then BAM.  I might write that same message every week at halftime.

Good for him and Barkley better be alright.  I don't have a lot of confidence in the next 4 games, but good on our guys showing some real character and skill.  Gonna enjoy this one.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: katkavage on September 17, 2023, 07:09:29 PMArizona stays in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

After yesterday it might be the Shedeur Sanders sweepstake.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 17, 2023, 09:05:39 PMAfter yesterday it might be the Shedeur Sanders sweepstake.

I don't follow college ball that closely, what happened?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

It kind of reminded me of a time when they were 0-2 and on the verge of going 0-3 and having it become a wasted season until a goal line stand turned the whole season around.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Messiah717

Quote from: StompYouOT on September 17, 2023, 09:02:59 PMWhat a great game to watch!  To think I had just written something not so positive about DJ in another thread at halftime then BAM.  I might write that same message every week at halftime.

Good for him and Barkley better be alright.  I don't have a lot of confidence in the next 4 games, but good on our guys showing some real character and skill.  Gonna enjoy this one.

The second half was the best in years.  A lot of fun to watch with every possession clicking.

TDToomer

Quote from: Woody on September 17, 2023, 08:39:43 PMGiants need to trade for a really good pass rusher before trade deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if in playoff position. There is no reason to give up draft picks if we are a .500 team.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

Quote from: GloryDays on September 17, 2023, 08:55:54 PMI don't think Az is that bad.. they have lots good parts.

Really? They're universally considered the worst team in football. They are that bad; worse, they were without their best player. 

GloryDays

Quote from: kingm56 on September 17, 2023, 11:07:39 PMReally? They're universally considered the worst team in football. They are that bad; worse, they were without their best player. 

Yes, really.. obviously we watch football with different lenses.. I rely much less on what the pundits or " THE FOOTBALL WORLD" say, who are wrong more often than right. I trust my own eyes; just like I have been backing Jones through the tough years while some, I believe sheepishly follow and trust the anti Jones sentiments in the media.