News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

49er game

Started by gregf, September 20, 2023, 03:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregf

I'm excited to go to the game with some 49er fans I work with. Honestly, we have little chance -but hey- any given Sunday. 
   On offense I'd like to see Hyatt, Slayton, and Waller be the regular targets. Campbell has not done much in multiple targets and Hodgins has had but a few key catches. We can't let Bosa destroy the line like Parsons did. Hopefully Bellinger and Peart give some help to Neal. If the line plays like last week,  Waller and Hyatt can put up some big numbers to keep us in the game.
    On D,Dexy and Thibs need to cause some havoc. The real key will be Okereke and Simmons containing McCaffrey.  Our corners have been holding up well so far.
    Hopefully our Giants can make us proud and put up a good fight. 

Jaime

.Wear your Giants gear proudly gregf
Methinks we put a heck of an effort in San Fran!

I was in San Fran. We drove up the PCH after winning our  1st Lombardi Trophy What a drive that was!!!
Yeah we did the Street Car ride. Crossed the Golden Gate and lucked out by arriving at the Muir Forrest.  The Redwoods were scary impressive.
Great trip!

RelaxTension

Quote from: gregf on September 20, 2023, 03:11:12 AMI'm excited to go to the game with some 49er fans I work with. Honestly, we have little chance -but hey- any given Sunday. 
   On offense I'd like to see Hyatt, Slayton, and Waller be the regular targets. Campbell has not done much in multiple targets and Hodgins has had but a few key catches. We can't let Bosa destroy the line like Parsons did. Hopefully Bellinger and Peart give some help to Neal. If the line plays like last week,  Waller and Hyatt can put up some big numbers to keep us in the game.
    On D,Dexy and Thibs need to cause some havoc. The real key will be Okereke and Simmons containing McCaffrey.  Our corners have been holding up well so far.
    Hopefully our Giants can make us proud and put up a good fight. 

Enjoy the moment..
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

Have a great time. Honestly you never know. Maybe this last 2nd half lit a fire.

Ed Vette

I hope they at least put up a good fight. You never know, these are the crazy games the Giants have won over the years.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Enjoy the game, Greg. We're sending them your way brimming with positive MOJO and confidence after Sunday, and they need fans, exactly like you, to come out and try to turn Santa Clara into Giants Country like we pulled it off here in Phoenix.

The 49ers are the best team in football so any pressure is on them. Let's see what happens.

Wear your Giant blue and/or white with pride!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

gregf

Quote from: kartanoman on September 20, 2023, 08:52:11 AMEnjoy the game, Greg. We're sending them your way brimming with positive MOJO and confidence after Sunday, and they need fans, exactly like you, to come out and try to turn Santa Clara into Giants Country like we pulled it off here in Phoenix.

The 49ers are the best team in football so any pressure is on them. Let's see what happens.

Wear your Giant blue and/or white with pride!

Peace!

You guys were amazing last week!

beaugestus

EDjohnst1981

Nobody expected the Giants to roll into Seattle with Colt McCoy and win. They did.

Very few people outside of Giants fandom expected them to roll over the Vikings. They did.

The Giants will need a bit of luck to match-up and overcome the best team in the NFC.

They have a chance, a small one, lets hope they can take it.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on September 20, 2023, 11:23:56 AMNobody expected the Giants to roll into Seattle with Colt McCoy and win. They did.

Very few people outside of Giants fandom expected them to roll over the Vikings. They did.

The Giants will need a bit of luck to match-up and overcome the best team in the NFC.

They have a chance, a small one, lets hope they can take it.

Absolutely Ed, 100%.

And let's face it- during better times we definitely saw them lose games they had absolutely no business losing, frequently at home.

So whilst we know the most likely outcome, this is not college football where we're Mercer playing in Georgia and there is literally no chance. Any of the 32 NFL teams can beat (or lose to) any other in a given single game. Sometimes good teams are just flat. If that's the case with the 9ers and we play our best, a win is not inconceivable. I'm just not expecting it. That doesn't mean it can't happen.

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
This is a creative coaching staff for #NYGiants, at least they were last year. It's not easy to scheme up against an opponent that features 11 players who have earned either All-Pro or Pro Bowl honors. We know the 49ers are loaded.

On a short week, the game plan is compromised.

But this has to be a kitchen sink game for Brian Daboll and his coordinators. Don't be reckless, but try to hit San Francisco with things they have not seen from NYG on all sides of the ball.
11:16 AM ยท Sep 20, 2023
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE