News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Game Thread: Giants at Niners

Started by Ed Vette, September 21, 2023, 05:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 21, 2023, 11:33:50 PMI don't care if you have to put in 8 Offensive Linemen. Run the damn ball!

Goodnight.

Agreed.  Without Barkley, they probably figured SF would not honor the RPO.  Pathetic gameplan.

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 21, 2023, 11:29:47 PMIDK, part of the problem in pass protection is they don't get to punch the Defensive in the mouth with a running attack. They were never on their heels.
I only caught the 2nd half. There were no rollouts to move the pocket, only a couple of screens, and no max protect to give Jones time.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jaime

For starters, Brieda should have stayed in the Game. His TD run showed us wh Obviously me couldn't man up on their DL. We needed to Coach a much better OL plan. Slide Pass Pro and roll out Dimes to either side and le3t him rip the Pigskin down field!
Screen Plays tend to work when a DL pins their ears back.

Exactly how many balls did our WR's and Waller drop? No excuse for these guys got to be better.

GloryDays

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 21, 2023, 11:16:57 PM49ers and Cowboys are good teams. Giants have been embarrassed versus both of them with the offense being a joke. Sorry, but they cannot approach Week 4 the way they have attacked these first three games. Need to recalibrate. What they thought they might be and what they are in fact appear to be vastly different (and I fear ego/hubris played a large role in the discrepancy).
I am afraid the Seahawks next followed by the Dolphins and then the Bills are not much easier! We might be looking at 1-5, if the O line plays like this and the defense, can't rush the QB and can't tackle and can not stop 3rd down completions.
After those 3 games, the schedule gets a little easier, but by that time they can be too wounded with no confidence!
There were play calling issues on both sides of the ball. The only bright side was the special team!

DaveBrown74

Seahawks defense is weak, versus the 9ers D being the best in the league. We'll be off 11 days rest instead of four. We should be healthier. We'll be at home versus away. None of this guarantees anything obviously, but it's going to be a significantly more manageable situation than last night.

I'm only worried about the next game for now. The future can wait.

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on September 22, 2023, 02:03:39 AMI am afraid the Seahawks next followed by the Dolphins and then the Bills are not much easier! We might be looking at 1-5, if the O line plays like this and the defense, can't rush the QB and can't tackle and can not stop 3rd down completions.
After those 3 games, the schedule gets a little easier, but by that time they can be too wounded with no confidence!
There were play calling issues on both sides of the ball. The only bright side was the special team!

Offensive line wasn't terrible last night.  What you saw was without Barkley the opposition doesn't respect the RB in playaction and knows the Giants passing game isn't that good.  You also had a number of missed throws and plays in the passing game. 

But outside of the Eagles and Cowboys no team they'll play has a defense on the level they played last night. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18