News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Seahawks game thread

Started by MightyGiants, October 02, 2023, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Quote from: Woody on October 02, 2023, 11:09:35 PMHad he thrown it would have intercepted by Wagner so he just tried to throw it away downfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...you throw him open; its referred to as an anticipatory throw an all quarterbacks capable of throwing for more than 4000 yards a season are able to do it.

JT39

Quote from: madbadger on October 02, 2023, 11:09:00 PMAt the cost of incurring $33 million in dead cap space.

That's after this year.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Woody on October 02, 2023, 11:09:35 PMHad he thrown it would have intercepted by Wagner so he just tried to throw it away downfield

Campbell is faster than Wagner and was already streaking across the field. Jones did not throw the ball in front of Campbell. He threw it to where he was. That's why Aikman said he doesn't anticipate well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Woody

Bad team ...falls on GM and Coach at end of day

killarich

Jones has to be shell shocked

Bad game from him

But that offensive line Is seriously dangerously bad

Ed Vette

Daboll should have pulled Jones mid 4th Qtr.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jgrangers2

Quote from: kingm56 on October 02, 2023, 11:12:02 PMNo...you throw him open; its referred to as an anticipatory throw an all quarterbacks capable of throwing for more than 4000 yards a season are able to do it.

He may have been expecting Campbell to sit prior to crossing the face of the linebacker. Would at least explain the double pump, but I think he would have had him had he simply led Campbell beyond the linebacker.

Woody

Need new offensive game plan or plays or something..this stuff ain't working

madbadger

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:12:07 PMThat's after this year.

Wrong. It's $22 million after next year and $11 million the following.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 02, 2023, 11:13:36 PMDaboll should have pulled Jones mid 4th Qtr.
Eleven sacks will have long term damage.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Good thing we had ELEVEN days to prepare for this pivotal home game.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

spiderblue43

We can't pass on a great qb prospect if available. I don't care about dead cap space when our present is dead. :yes:

kingm56

Quote from: Woody on October 02, 2023, 11:13:13 PMBad team ...falls on GM and Coach at end of day

Really!?  The players don't own any responsibility? What about they guys who constantly produced similar results for 4+ seasons...is that on coaching too?

Te reality is, our group of players are not very good. 

kingm56

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 PMWe can't pass on a great qb prospect if available. I don't care about dead cap space when our present is dead. :yes:

I doubt the Giants will either, especially if Cam is available.