News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Seahawks game thread

Started by MightyGiants, October 02, 2023, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

It's an excellent qb class..all I'm saying. Jones has no shot to turn this around now..that's obvious.
He's more likely to get seriously injured if he keeps playing with this pathetic offense.

madbadger

Quote from: jgrangers2 on October 02, 2023, 11:22:04 PMIf they cut him in 2025 prior to 6/1, it's $22M dead cap for 2025. If they cut him after 6/1, that dead cap gets spread evenly ($11M each) over 2025 and 2026.

What a bargain

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: madbadger on October 02, 2023, 11:18:21 PMA promising rookie sitting behind a quarterback making $41 million next year and without the assets to improve the team.

The Giants wouldn't be aiming for 2024 in this scenario so a limited cap in the QBs rookie season isn't really an issue. You're not expecting to do much in 2024 if this is the way things go, but would be targeting 2025 and beyond. This is why they structured Jones deal the way they did.

MagicRat

Quote from: T200 on October 02, 2023, 11:23:42 PMI appreciate you all keeping it civil in here tonight.  =D>  =D>
I think everyone is shell shocked.
I'm more baffled than angry.
At the start of this season, speaking personally,  I knew we were still in rebuild but I was encouraged by the progress of last season.
I predicted we'd be 2-4 six games in but I was looking for ongoing improvement.
I didn't see this fall off coming and I'm scratching my head as to what has happened.
Smell my cheese you mother!

madbadger

Quote from: T200 on October 02, 2023, 11:16:22 PMI wonder how Mara feels about what they did to Jones tonight.  :hurt:

He should be more concerned what his criminal ineptitude has done to his fan base a whole lot more than he should worry about a guy who pulled off one of the great thefts in league history. I hated that deal when it was signed and I hate it even more now.

JT39

Quote from: T200 on October 02, 2023, 11:23:42 PMI appreciate you all keeping it civil in here tonight.  =D>  =D>

I do apologize to King and Rambo. I went over the line out of frustration. My fault boys.

Topshelf21

I'd like to hear from silver-tongued Schoen this week on the state of the team and how it has gone backward in terms of performance from last year to this year.

The free agents signed in the off-season, and the draft picks taken in the draft, would have and should have improved the performance of this team, yet the regression from a team winning a playoff game to a team that arguably will be vying for a top 5 draft pick is inexplicable.

Who is responsible for the regression of the team this year, and how is it going to be addressed and fixed moving forward this season?

Would you care to address the fans with respect to how the team has performed thus far Mr. Schoen?

kingm56

Quote from: madbadger on October 02, 2023, 11:28:43 PMHe should be more concerned what his criminal ineptitude has done to his fan base a whole lot more than he should worry about a guy who pulled off one of the great thefts in league history. I hated that deal when it was signed and I hate it even more now.

Last year was a complete aberration that some of us highlighted this offseason; the Giants benefited from a lot of bounces and health, both were unlikely to happen again this season.  The win against a historically bad Playoff team furthered hampered our perception; the reality is, the Giants have not been good after the 7th game of last season...they beat some really bad teams and got walloped by good ones. 

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 11:29:14 PMI do apologize to King and Rambo. I went over the line out of frustration. My fault boys.

No worries.  No need to apologize.  We all want the same thing and that's the Giants to win.  We're frustrated that they've been this bad so far.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18