News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Time for a serious, no-spin conversation about Daniel Jones

Started by DaveBrown74, October 02, 2023, 11:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 01:25:47 PMAgain Hyatt had received 60% of the snaps in Monday night's game.  Robinson 64% of the snaps.  So saying they played less than 50% of the snaps isn't true.  And again Campbell had the 5th most snaps of any receiver on the Giants offense Monday night.  Both Robinson and Hyatt got more snaps.  Only receiver who didn't get more snaps was Shepard.

So it's not a matter of them not getting 50% or more of the snaps.  It's a matter of them not getting the ball.

That's the key.  You'd have thought Campbell was on the field all the damn time with how often Jones was checking to him rather than looking at the WRs down the field who were, more often than not, getting open.  Including that backbreaking INT where he had not 1 but 2 receivers wide open and still forced it to Campbell for reasons that remain unclear.

Rambo89

Quote from: umassgrad on October 06, 2023, 01:26:55 PMDid Darren Waller forget how to get open once he joined the Giants?

The game tape has shown Waller has been open plenty.  But again we're talking about NFL Open not ACC Open.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: umassgrad on October 06, 2023, 01:26:55 PMDid Darren Waller forget how to get open once he joined the Giants?

No, he has been open plenty. He had a TD on Monday that any good nfl QB would have thrown

JT39

Snap counts per game:
Hyatt: 36%, 21%, 32%. 60%
Campbell: 67%, 66%, 42%, 31%
Slayton: 67%, 82%, 84%, 88%

I dont use one game samples. Big picture is what matters. And before you accuse me of dismissing robinson, I didnt include his numbers because he is on a pitch count and think he needs to play as much as possible as soon as possible.

There is absolutely 0 reason for Slayton to play as much as he does. 

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 01:32:36 PMSnap counts per game:
Hyatt: 36%, 21%, 32%. 60%
Campbell: 67%, 66%, 42%, 31%
Slayton: 67%, 82%, 84%, 88%

I dont use one game samples. Big picture is what matters. And before you accuse me of dismissing robinson, I didnt include his numbers because he is on a pitch count and think he needs to play as much as possible as soon as possible.

There is absolutely 0 reason for Slayton to play as much as he does. 

Now you're moving the goal posts when it was shown that what you said wasn't true you bring up games where one Robinson wasn't active and second Hyatt is a rookie still learning the offense.

Looks to be like Hyatt is trending towards more snaps which you would expect a rookie to get more snaps as the season moves along and the same thing for Robinson.  Also looks to be like Campbell is trending in the opposite direction of getting fewer snaps.

Bottom line guys like Robinson and Hyatt are getting more snaps each week and need to be fed the ball.  Can't have a situation like Monday night where Campbell is seeing more targets than Hyatt despite Hyatt getting almost double the number of snaps.

Rambo89

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 03:52:53 PMI'm not the biggest fans of these two but they do bring up a valid point here.

These guys have a lot of support on this board. Interesting to see them turning on DJ here. They had been pretty supportive of him in the past.

This goes to my point I made in a different thread about how the "it's everyone else's fault" crowd has thinned out significantly this year. That has become something of a fringe view at this point. There's just too much evidence against that being the case for anyone to really objectively make it anymore.

JT39

If the mods will allow me to link from a different Giants website... a poster just posted something that is pretty interest and debunks some opinions here.

Jones ranks 14th in the NFL this year in throwing to his first read.

He also ranked 40th last year.

So this notion seems more myth than reality.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: kingm56 on October 06, 2023, 01:10:49 PMNo comment other than it's great to have you back, Doc.
Thank you, brother! Good to be back.

dasher

I form my opinion on what I see, not what the statistics may say.
He has an offensive line that can't give him a pocket to throw from.
When it collapses Jones is forced to run.
Sometimes with good results. The majority of time he is running for his life and can't pass when on the run.
Until he has a serviceable offensive line, I can't form any opinion except the eyeball test.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 04:15:15 PMIf the mods will allow me to link from a different Giants website... a poster just posted something that is pretty interest and debunks some opinions here.

Jones ranks 14th in the NFL this year in throwing to his first read.

He also ranked 40th last year.

So this notion seems more myth than reality.

What stat are you talking about?  Is it how often a QB throws to their first read, their accuracy throwing to their first read, etc.?

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 04:28:57 PMWhat stat are you talking about?  Is it how often a QB throws to their first read, their accuracy throwing to their first read, etc.?

That the narrative by players, social media experts, and certain posters that Jones only throws to his first read is wrong. It's league average. And last year it was well below league average.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 04:39:56 PMThat the narrative by players, social media experts, and certain posters that Jones only throws to his first read is wrong. It's league average. And last year it was well below league average.

Huh?  That's not what I asked.  What I asked was what stat are you talking about?  Meaning what does it measure?  Does it measure frequency of times a QB goes to their first read, accuracy of them going to their first read, etc.?

You might want to provide some sort of link so we know what it measures and where the source is coming from.

JT39

I asked if I can post the link from another website. I don't know what the rules are.

And I told you what it is. Percentage of throws to their first target. How is this difficult to understand?

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 04:45:55 PMI asked if I can post the link from another website. I don't know what the rules are.

And I told you what it is. Percentage of throws to their first target. How is this difficult to understand?

Huh?  Do you not see all of the links that are shared here?  Post it and the source for the information if it's legit BF.