News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants O-line sets a new NFL record for being bad

Started by MightyGiants, October 03, 2023, 07:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 08:51:00 AMhttps://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1709184468601184332?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

and while jones needs to be better when the plays ARE there, its so hard to put the majority of blame on him. its like standing on a ladder with a broken leg. the whole time you are focusing on not collapsing instead of doing the job right.

DaveBrown74

Is "Daniel Jokes" a typo by Dunleavy, or was that intentional?

The K isn't right next to the N on the keyboard so I'm honestly not sure.

President Rick

why not last year's line, when Thomas comes back, with John-Michael at center?  At least we won some games with them.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

expatriot

Messiah717

Well, when you talk historically bad the three points in the first two home games should really tell you something.  Amazingly, the Bengals have been equally brutal on offense. 

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

RelaxTension

Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 07:03:47 AMNot all of these sacks on the offensive line

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1709323680130494468?s=46

It's okay to say Jones had a bad game, even he admitted he did.   I do think we should stop making excuses for this terrible line.   This reminds me of the abuse I got here when I called out the now benched Glowinski
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Problem ....personnel or coaching ,specifically o line coaching

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 07:55:16 AMIt's okay to say Jones had a bad game, even he admitted he did.  I do think we should stop making excuses for this terrible line.  This reminds me of the abuse I got here when I called out the now benched Glowinski

On the flip side we should stop making excuses for Jones because no one has said the line play has been good. 

The difference is this is the guy with the biggest contract on the roster in his fifth season not picking up on things that someone with as much experience as he does should.

Quote from: Woody on October 04, 2023, 08:02:09 AMProblem ....personnel or coaching ,specifically o line coaching

Combination of everything

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 08:04:53 AMOn the flip side we should stop making excuses for Jones because no one has said the line play has been good. 

Saying Jones had a bad game is making excuses for him?   Greg, this is a thread about the terrible line play.  What is the purpose of bringing up Daniel Jones?   Can we focus on the horrible level of O-line play without changing the topic to Jones?   Even the coaching thread is now a discussion of Daniel Jones.  It feels like some people are blaming Jones for all the team's woes (I appreciate that you are not suggesting that, but when every topic circles back to Jones, it creates that impression).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 08:38:58 AMSaying Jones had a bad game is making excuses for him?   Greg, this is a thread about the terrible line play.  What is the purpose of bringing up Daniel Jones?   Can we focus on the horrible level of O-line play without changing the topic to Jones?   Even the coaching thread is now a discussion of Daniel Jones.  It feels like some people are blaming Jones for all the team's woes (I appreciate that you are not suggesting that, but when every topic circles back to Jones, it creates that impression).

Now apply this in reverse when the topic is Jones and reverts to the offensive line.