News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants sign Pugh

Started by Rambo89, October 03, 2023, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

At least initially he may be able to be the veteran presence they need. Maybe help out the young players. If he's healthy then he has to start asap.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

Sign him to the starting job.  I don't much care if it's at OT or OG at this point he's significantly better than anybody the Giants are currently trotting out there.

Ed Vette

They should also sign Fluker.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

I guess Ian Allen wasnt available  =))

AYM

They had to do it after last night. Put him in at either guard or at LT next week.

It's bad that we're looking at Pugh to bring some toughness, but it can't hurt at this point.

Trench

Should've done this 3 weeks ago.

This is on Schoen!...beat writers better ask why it wasn't done after his workout!...what does it say about our GM

H-Town G-Fan

Not going to change the Giants' fortunes much.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 03, 2023, 12:19:52 PMShould've done this 3 weeks ago

Unless there is an injury recovery issue, I agree.  A bit late
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

expatriot

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 03, 2023, 12:21:26 PMNot going to change the Giants' fortunes much.

No but at least its some action.  Not a lot of choices right now, but its time to try literally anything.

T200

Quote from: expatriot on October 03, 2023, 12:23:19 PMNo but at least its some action.  Not a lot of choices right now, but its time to try literally anything.
Jones is shook. I know it won't happen, but Taylor needs to start a game.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

With the injuries from last night's game, it makes sense to sign someone with his versatility.  H could end playing 3 positions in the next 3 weeks.

DaveBrown74

I don't have an objection to it, but if the Giants are 1-5 or 1-6 I hope they are realistic about their situation and consider trying to obtain draft capital for vets they are not going to sign to long term deals.

If we are going to have a debacle season this year, it is in our best interest to have as much flexibility and purchasing power in this upcoming draft as possible. Just continuing to roll out the same group and expecting different results is not the answer. As Steve Cohen said recently "hope is not a strategy."

Philosophers

Sign Alex Gibbs to be OL coach and if he's dead, exhume his body and put it in a chair to oversee OL practices.  A dead Alex may be better than an alive Bobby Johnson.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2023, 12:40:31 PMI don't have an objection to it, but if the Giants are 1-5 or 1-6 I hope they are realistic about their situation and consider trying to obtain draft capital for vets they are not going to sign to long term deals.

If we are going to have a debacle season this year, it is in our best interest to have as much flexibility and purchasing power in this upcoming draft as possible. Just continuing to roll out the same group and expecting different results is not the answer. As Steve Cohen said recently "hope is not a strategy."

it really sucks to have this conversation while its still over 70 degrees out. this is supposed to be a winter jacket conversation. but you are right. the season is done. done. unless we go on an all time streak (unlikely), we are absolutely finished the first couple days of october. do what we should have been doing the last few years and start selling. problem is, who wants to buy williams, adoree's, or jones contract? no one. so we are just stuck.