News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ben McAdoo on Daniel Jones

Started by Rambo89, October 03, 2023, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Irrelevant man trying to stay relevant. The players quit on him so they never saw it with him either.

Ed Vette

Quote from: JT39 on October 03, 2023, 04:44:47 PMIrrelevant man trying to stay relevant. The players quit on him so they never saw it with him either.
He knew his QBs. If they listened to him, Mahomes would be a Giant.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

I guess he didn't see it in Eli either and benched him for Geno Smith.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

Ben McAdoo a 'big reason why' Panthers drafted QB Matt Corral

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/03/panthers-ben-mcadoo-matt-corral-scott-fitterer-draft/

Ben's track record with QBs was mixed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Yep right on Mahomes and right on Jones but wrong on Corral.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 05:08:32 PMYep right on Mahomes and right on Jones but wrong on Corral.

I am confused, you claimed you believe Jones is an average NFL staring QB.   You don't draft those in round 7.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Also, we already had two threads bashing Jones; was there a need for a third?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: ozzie on October 03, 2023, 04:59:53 PMI guess he didn't see it in Eli either and benched him for Geno Smith.

That's unfair.  Benching a player for poor current performance is different.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 05:13:35 PMAlso, we already had two threads bashing Jones; was there a need for a third? 
How many threads have you put up over the years making excuses for Daniel Jones? What was his PFF passing grade?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 05:12:02 PMI am confused, you claimed you believe Jones is an average NFL staring QB.  You don't draft those in round 7. 

I also believed Jones to be an average or even slightly above average NFL starting QB. At the moment though, McAdoo's view appears more accurate than mine. I have no problem admitting that. I'm not a professional scout.

For the Giants' and all their fans' sake, I hope McAdoo ends up being wrong and Jones improves to at least a middle of the road performance level, but we're in year five now and he is definitely not middle of the road right now. His performance so far this year has been well worse than that, and it is pretty darn concerning given the investment the franchise made in him.

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2023, 05:54:52 PMI also believed Jones to be an average or even slightly above average NFL starting QB. At the moment though, McAdoo's view appears more accurate than mine. I have no problem admitting that. I'm not a professional scout.

For the Giants' and all their fans' sake, I hope McAdoo ends up being wrong and Jones improves to at least a middle of the road performance level, but we're in year five now and he is definitely not middle of the road right now. His performance so far this year has been well worse than that, and it is pretty darn concerning given the investment the franchise made in him.

Yep, he may end up proving those of us who believe Jones is just average wrong.  Jones may end up worse than that.