News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who needs to be benched this week?

Started by Ed Vette, October 03, 2023, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Facing two unwinable games, who hasn't made a positive difference?

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bamagiantfan

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 03, 2023, 05:46:28 PMFacing two unwinable games, who hasn't made a positive difference?

You mean, other than Paris Campbell?
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

He's not an impactful player, but I'd start with Cam Brown. I can't stand seeing anyone giggling during a night like that, for any reason. I don't care if the guy next to him was tickling him. I want guys who care about winning. Players should be furious and distraught on a night like last night.. It was very clear he wasn't bothered by what was going on. Plus he had just come very close to committing a very stupid penalty. He was lucky he didn't get a PF for shoving that guy.

He's a clown and should not see the field next week.

DaveBrown74

Further, while I would not bench Jones prior to the game, I would not hesitate to pull him in this next game if he plays anything like he did last night. Just because the team is paying him a kings' ransom doesn't mean he should be immune to being pulled mid-game if he is playing at a level like what he was playing at last night. It happens to hockey goalies and players in other sports all the time. Why should a QB be kept in if he is playing at that kind of level? Give someone else a shot at it if the starter can't do the job.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2023, 07:07:52 PMHe's not an impactful player, but I'd start with Cam Brown. I can't stand seeing anyone giggling during a nighly like that, for any reason. I want guys who care about winning. Players should be furious and distraught on a night like last night.. It was clear he didn't care. Plus he had just come very close to committing a very stupid penalty. He was lucky he didn't get a PF for shoving that guy.

He's a clown and should not see the field next week.

That was a bad look. This guy Cam Brown is supposed to be a special teams guru yet I can't remember last time I heard his name mentioned

ozzie

You can't bench anyone this week because all of our backups are EVEN WORSE than our starters!
I would give Shep some playing time though..
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

I don't think they can move Neal to Guard because he never practiced there, so if Pugh is inserted, it means at Guard or Neal sits and I doubt that will happen.

I absolutely would sit Neal if Pugh is ready. He can't play any worse, that's for sure. Unless of course JMS is out.

I would also bench Daniel Jones and play Tyrod Taylor if the Giants lose the next two games, which in all probability they will.

I would start WDR, Slayton and Hyatt. Play Hodgins in certain situations.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 04, 2023, 09:39:25 AMI don't think they can move Neal to Guard because he never practiced there, so if Pugh is inserted, it means at Guard or Neal sits and I doubt that will happen.

I absolutely would sit Neal if Pugh is ready. He can't play any worse, that's for sure. Unless of course JMS is out.

I would also bench Daniel Jones and play Tyrod Taylor if the Giants lose the next two games, which in all probability they will.

I would start WDR, Slayton and Hyatt. Play Hodgins in certain situations.

If you were in charge and the scenario unfolded where you would bench Jones for Taylor, how much bad play/losing with Taylor in there would you tolerate before putting Jones back in?

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 04, 2023, 09:53:33 AMIf you were in charge and the scenario unfolded where you would bench Jones for Taylor, how much bad play/losing with Taylor in there would you tolerate before putting Jones back in?
Two games.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Danny Check Down doesn't deserve to start next week. What has he done to deserve it? Let him sit and think because he plays ALOT BETTER when he is fired up!!!...he makes mistakes and doesn't appear furious in the moment. To me it says he's too comfortable. He needs a fire to grow in his belly

He simply cannot score TDs. Let's see if Tyrod can?

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on October 04, 2023, 12:54:42 PMDanny Check Down doesn't deserve to start next week. What has he done to deserve it? Let him sit and think because he plays ALOT BETTER when he is fired up!!!...he makes mistakes and doesn't appear furious in the moment. To me it says he's too comfortable. He needs a fire to grow in his belly

He simply cannot score TDs. Let's see if Tyrod can?
Too soon for Daboll to make that decision. Although Im sure there was some discussion going on among the brass.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin