News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Nick Falato breaks down on Marcus McKethan

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 11:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Nick does a solid job breaking down players.   It's worth seeing what he has to say about the Giants new RG.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/10/4/23902645/film-study-how-has-marcus-mckethan-played-through-three-games
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

I'm cool with giving McKethan a shot.  Pugh should also be starting as quickly as humanly possible.  Whether at guard or tackle but that guy couldn't be worse than lemieux if he tried.  They really need to hope JMS is good to go moving forward.  And if he needs these next two weeks off to recover go ahead and take them cause the Giants aren't winning these games with or without him.

Ed Vette

He's essentially a rookie. Same as Ezeudu would be starting at Tackle after being trained at nothing but Guard.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/10/4/23902645/film-study-how-has-marcus-mckethan-played-through-three-games?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Sorry Ed I don't mean to send your thread in another direction, but I could never find the clip until your link.

It was a play that had no impact on the game. It didn't cost us a drive or anything. But the very first clip - Jones kept the ball. But look at Slaytons effort trying to block. If he could have at least gotten in the way - Jones had the opportunity to go for a much bigger play.

Later on that drive - Jones kept the ball on a read option and Robinson was the blocker on the same side and basically drove the defender into the sideline.

It may be a little thing - but it's things like that that contribute to our bad team.

Nice find though Ed, thank you!

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 07:21:22 AMSorry Ed I don't mean to send your thread in another direction, but I could never find the clip until your link.

It was a play that had no impact on the game. It didn't cost us a drive or anything. But the very first clip - Jones kept the ball. But look at Slaytons effort trying to block. If he could have at least gotten in the way - Jones had the opportunity to go for a much bigger play.

Later on that drive - Jones kept the ball on a read option and Robinson was the blocker on the same side and basically drove the defender into the sideline.

It may be a little thing - but it's things like that that contribute to our bad team.

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 07:21:22 AMSorry Ed I don't mean to send your thread in another direction, but I could never find the clip until your link.

The first play went for a gain.  Think getting on Slayton for the lack of block is nitpicking.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 08:27:56 AMThe first play went for a gain.  Think getting on Slayton for the lack of block is nitpicking.

If we can nitpick everything Jones does wrong, then other players are fair game too. He didnt do his job. Simple. And to say Jones gained yardage wasnt because of Slayton. We didnt gain MORE yards because of Slayton.

We have to hold everyone responisble for not doing their jobs. Not just one player.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 08:38:13 AMIf we can nitpick everything Jones does wrong, then other players are fair game too. He didnt do his job. Simple. And to say Jones gained yardage wasnt because of Slayton. We didnt gain MORE yards because of Slayton.

We have to hold everyone responisble for not doing their jobs. Not just one player.

Ok so we're going to turn this into being petty in every thread.  Got it.

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 10:00:19 AMOk so we're going to turn this into being petty in every thread.  Got it.

You do every time Jones gets sacked, doesnt lead a WR for a completion, or slightly underthrows a WR, so why cant we do it when a WR doesnt do his job?

Not blocking isnt a petty thing - its a necessity in order to win in the NFL.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 06, 2023, 10:31:51 AMYou do every time Jones gets sacked, doesnt lead a WR for a completion, or slightly underthrows a WR, so why cant we do it when a WR doesnt do his job?

Not blocking isnt a petty thing - its a necessity in order to win in the NFL.

Doing it in a thread breaking down the play of Marcus McKethan especially a positive one is a petty thing.  I have nothing further to say on this except that the breakdown was interesting and provides reasons to hope he gets more playing time to see if he can eventually become a fixture on the line.