News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal challenges fans to "boo louder"

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sxdxca38

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 05:51:54 PMHere is a non-paywall

https://x.com/snygiants/status/1709684397702627602?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Two things,

A) The mere fact that he is saying he doesn't care what sheep think, is telling me he absolutely does care, that's why he is saying it.

B) As many of you have already stated, the sheep, which consists of millions of Giant fans are paying your salary. All it takes is for the sheep to stop going to your games, and guess what? You won't be making any money, and you'll have to start making cheeseburgers and hot dogs like the rest of us.

AYM

So yeah. He needs to apologize to the fans quick and in a hurry. Someone should tell him that he's not a Lion, he's a Giant.

And this is where we'll find out if Daboll is really a coach or just another Judge who talks tough but has no substance. Daboll has to bench Neal this Sunday.

I wouldn't trade him just yet - as you don't want to sell low, but I'd be listening.

Once again, this is on Schoen, Schoen drafted this guy.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AYM on October 04, 2023, 08:17:13 PMSo yeah. He needs to apologize to the fans quick and in a hurry. Someone should tell him that he's not a Lion, he's a Giant.

And this is where we'll find out if Daboll is really a coach or just another Judge who talks tough but has no substance. Daboll has to bench Neal this Sunday.

I wouldn't trade him just yet - as you don't want to sell low, but I'd be listening.

Absolutely Neal is a strike against Schoen. No doubt about that. Thibodeaux may be too, although I still have some hope for him. Neal is a lost cause at this point. Big whiff by Schoen, and there is no sugarcoating it.

HondurasGiants

https://x.com/tmksespn/status/1709676438935216186?s=46

Ohhhh he made someone really angry...

Careless, irresponsible and immature comments that reflect poorly on him, his coaches and the person who drafted him.

:boooo:

True Blue

Quote from: sxdxca38 on October 04, 2023, 08:11:44 PMTwo things,

A) The mere fact that he is saying he doesn't care what sheep think, is telling me he absolutely does care, that's why he is saying it.

B) As many of you have already stated, the sheep, which consists of millions of Giant fans are paying your salary. All it takes is for the sheep to stop going to your games, and guess what? You won't be making any money, and you'll have to start making cheeseburgers and hot dogs like the rest of us.

Isn't his contract fully guaranteed or close to it?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: True Blue on October 04, 2023, 08:31:43 PMIsn't his contract fully guaranteed or close to it?

Yes, but he has no contract beyond 2025, and I think it's safe to say he isn't looking at the 5th year option.

Granted, if you get paid $24.5mm in four years, you're probably never going to need to be flipping burgers unless you're really, really stupid, which in his case is clearly not out of the realm of possibility.

Ed Vette

Quote from: AYM on October 04, 2023, 08:17:13 PMSo yeah. He needs to apologize to the fans quick and in a hurry. Someone should tell him that he's not a Lion, he's a Giant.

You're right. He should suspend him from the next game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 04, 2023, 07:22:51 PMMore like a house cat.

I think that could be construed as animal cruelty..certainly an insult to house cats. The Mouse That Roared-Evan Neal. =))

He could apply at the MTA as a human turnstile..or be replaced with a couch on wheels-no waiting.

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 05:51:54 PMHere is a non-paywall

https://x.com/snygiants/status/1709684397702627602?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Message to Evan.  They may flip burgers but you look like as well given that Mustang going around you or F-150 going through you.

STFU and listen to your coaches and develop for God's sakes.

spiderblue43

Is the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man now contrite?  =))   Redfaced  :boooo:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 04, 2023, 09:58:15 PMIs the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man now contrite?  =))   Redfaced  :boooo:

People do make mistakes. This doesn't make him Aaron Hernandez or Rae Carruth. But it was pretty dumb and not easy to just brush off.

Bottom line, even with the apology, he's going to have a tough time here moving forward unless he suddenly plays literally out of his mind. Which I think we all know is clearly not going to happen.

Jclayton92

I just took it as him saying he doesn't listen to internet trolls. Think out of context it got blown out of proportion.