News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dolphins Gameday Thread

Started by EDjohnst1981, October 08, 2023, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:13:14 PMI am sure the ardent Taylor supporters will claim how great his longest throw to Waller was. Lol

At least he tried to throw it downfield!...that's the point. Jones REFUSES!...so it was good to see the issue is more so with our QB instead of our oline or recievers

TDToomer

I see there are already 5+ thread created in the past 15 minutes all discussing the same thing. Can we just have 1 thread call "post all post game comments here"?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

JT39

21 Carries for 46 yards for the RBs today.

How can we blame Jones for this?

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:14:52 PMEh I disagree.  To me they looked the same no better and no worse.

Taylor went downfield with a greater frequency

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:15:09 PMAt least he tried to throw it downfield!...that's the point. Jones REFUSES!...so it was good to see the issue is more so with our QB instead of our oline or recievers

You mean like the dropped TD by Waller?

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:16:04 PM21 Carries for 46 yards for the RBs today.

Because he can't get the ball into the end zone when he is in the red zone

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:16:43 PMYou mean like the dropped TD by Waller?

It wasn't dropped.  The defender made a play on it.  Can't blame that one on anyone just credit to the opposition.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:16:51 PMBecause he can't get the ball into the end zone when he is in the red zone

Lol I knew someone would blame Jones for the run game. Haha.

This is comical at this point.

Jclayton92

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:13:14 PMI am sure the ardent Taylor supporters will claim how great his longest throw to Waller was. Lol
You should be an ardent Taylor supporter as he's our Qb and did as much in .25 than jones did the whole game. You should be happy that we have life at Qb.

LennG

Just MVHO, I thought Jones's game today wasn't as bad as he usually is, but it seemed to me when Taylor entered the game he brought a certain energy to the offense that Jones just doesn't bring. The offense seemed to get to the line quicker and had a certain energy. It really didn't relate to any scores but I feel Taylor could move this offense. That is, of course, if we fire Kafka and bring in a real OC who will try and call plays that might help win a game.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:16:04 PM21 Carries for 46 yards for the RBs today.

Yeah, a Qb throwing for less than 120 yards and 0 TDs has zero culpability.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:16:43 PMYou mean like the dropped TD by Waller?

Was not a drop. Was tipped and then the defender pulled his arm down. If u want to split hairs, the ball could've been placed better

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:17:27 PMIt wasn't dropped.  The defender made a play on it.  Can't blame that one on anyone just credit to the opposition.

Both hands on the ball. Waller let the defender make a play. Good players secure it. But I know it can't be someone else's fault lol

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:18:13 PMBoth hands on the ball. Waller let the defender make a play. Good players secure it. But I know it can't be someone else's fault lol

Both hands weren't on the ball.  And again it wasn't anyone's fault.  It was a great play made by the defender.  It happens.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:18:13 PMBoth hands on the ball. Waller let the defender make a play. Good players secure it. But I know it can't be someone else's fault lol

I just checked; it wasn't scored as a drop.  Btw, why do you end every post with lol. Are you 12?