News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dolphins Gameday Thread

Started by EDjohnst1981, October 08, 2023, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Same 5-6 posters every thread.

Have a good night. I don't need to read how the food on the flight home is his fault too lol

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 04:17:51 PMWas not a drop. Was tipped and then the defender pulled his arm down. If u want to split hairs, the ball could've been placed better

It was not tipped! It should have been a TD.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:19:57 PMSame 5-6 posters every thread.

Have a good night. I don't need to read how the food on the flight home is his fault too lol

Seriously, what's up with the lol? My 8 year old ends his text that way.  This is an adult message board, it's really not needed.

SUPERSEE

Quote from: Bill Brown on October 08, 2023, 01:56:45 PMYou can bitch about the QB all you want but this TEAM cannot block and this TEAM cannot tackle. The two very basic fundamental of playing football. No team can overcome those two factors.
agree . this D not tackling well is THE biggest disappointment so far. not blocking well on offense and poor talking long season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uni

Sometimes, there are good defensive plays. The defender was able to grab Waller's arm and pull it away, he's good at his job. Unless you suggest Waller should be able to curl the defender with one arm whilst falling and trying to catch a football.

Had the ball been throw more downfield, Waller has a better chance at the catch.

JT39

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 04:20:29 PMIt was not tipped! It should have been a TD.

Of course it should have been. It landed right in his hands. Then the defender knocked it loose.

uconnjack8

Defense lacks gap discipline in a big way, but when they get 3 t/o' and score a TD it's tough look at anything but an offense that didn't score a TD (again).

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:23:56 PMOf course it should have been. It landed right in his hands. Then the defender knocked it loose.

So the defender made a great play?  Thank you for acknowledging that and not blaming anyone.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:29:58 PMSo the defender made a great play?  Thank you for acknowledging that and not blaming anyone.

It was a great throw tho.

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 08, 2023, 04:29:58 PMSo the defender made a great play?  Thank you for acknowledging that and not blaming anyone.

Waller had a chance to make a play in a 50/50 ball. Got both hands on it. And lost it.

So like I said before - we don't have good players. Good players score there.

Thank you for proving everything I said.

How about that vaunted run game today? Jones fault, right?

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:32:10 PMWaller had a chance to make a play in a 50/50 ball. Got both hands on it. And lost it.

How about the anemic passing game?  Just gonna ignore that fact?  You don't win in the modern era with a strong running game; you win with a strong passing game. Just ask the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on October 08, 2023, 04:31:37 PMIt was a great throw tho.

Absolutely.  I wish Jones had taken more shots like that targeting receivers down field.

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:32:10 PMWaller had a chance to make a play in a 50/50 ball. Got both hands on it. And lost it.

He lost it because it got knocked away not because he dropped it. 

The Giants don't have a good QB that's for sure and you can't win in this league if you don't have one.

I get it Jones had another bad game and you want to deflect to others and ignore his play and that's fine.  Better get used to the idea of Jones's time on this team winding down after the 2024 season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

allieshermanghost

Let's face it, we have 2 back up QB's. tank and let the coach and gm draft their guy, then if we continue to suck, maybe clean house again! remember, last year we easily could have won just 4 games!

JT39

Quote from: kingm56 on October 08, 2023, 04:34:10 PMHow about the anemic passing game?  Just gonna ignore that fact?  You don't win in the modern era with a strong running game; you win with a strong passing game. Just ask the Kansas City Chiefs.

You win with talent. The giants don't have it. Even the great chiefs ran the ball with great success. We can't run. We can't block. Our WRs are f'n awful.

Yeah I'm ok replacing Jones. But we are still gonna suck unless the talent gets immensely better. The OL has tanked in the bottom third for the last dozen years. Our defense gave up over 500 yards in 3 quarters today.

But keep focusing on ONE player. I'll bring more balance to the board by focusing on the other underperforming players.

Trench