News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dolphins Gameday Thread

Started by EDjohnst1981, October 08, 2023, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:38:08 PMYou win with talent. The giants don't have it. Even the great chiefs ran the ball with great success. We can't run. We can't block. Our WRs are f'n awful.

Yeah I'm ok replacing Jones. But we are still gonna suck unless the talent gets immensely better. The OL has tanked in the bottom third for the last dozen years. Our defense gave up over 500 yards in 3 quarters today.

But keep focusing on ONE player. I'll bring more balance to the board by focusing on the other underperforming players.

They don't have talent at QB at least an elite one.  Talent will get better once you improve the talent at that position.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:38:08 PMYou win with talent. The giants don't have it. Even the great chiefs ran the ball with great success. We can't run. We can't block. Our WRs are f'n awful.

Yeah I'm ok replacing Jones. But we are still gonna suck unless the talent gets immensely better. The OL has tanked in the bottom third for the last dozen years. Our defense gave up over 500 yards in 3 quarters today.

But keep focusing on ONE player. I'll bring more balance to the board by focusing on the other underperforming players.

Absolutely, I wholeheartedly agree. This team lacks talent; I know you haven't been here long, but Im the poster for four years that has raised the concern regarding the lack of talent. The lack of talent is magnified when you have an average to slightly above average quarterback. In the modern NFL, that's a recipe for losing more games than you win. Last year was a complete aberration, which a few posters noted during the off-season. The Giants were unlikely to get that many bounces and enjoy injury free season among their core players again. Coaching is not going to change his paradigm either; the Giants need to fundamentally change the core group og players that have been around for the last five years.  A whole new direction is required...

TDToomer

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 04:32:10 PMWaller had a chance to make a play in a 50/50 ball. Got both hands on it. And lost it.

So like I said before - we don't have good players. Good players score there.

Thank you for proving everything I said.

How about that vaunted run game today? Jones fault, right?

Waller has the 3rd most yards by a tight end since 2019 so he is a good player. He just plays on a lousy offense with poor blockers who get their QB murdered and is surrounded by crappy players. Put him on the Chiefs and he is Kelce.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

y_so_blu

Maybe we can do mass hypnosis on this team so they think it's 2022 again. When they had a lot of the same players and coaches, but were actually competitive and calling plays that worked. These Giants fold like a cheap suit in the first quarter and never recover.

AYM

Quote from: allieshermanghost on October 08, 2023, 04:35:35 PMLet's face it, we have 2 back up QB's. tank and let the coach and gm draft their guy, then if we continue to suck, maybe clean house again! remember, last year we easily could have won just 4 games!

It's a myth that we ever cleaned house. Most of the scouts are still there from Gettleman's era.

Rambo89

https://twitter.com/bobbyskinner_/status/1711151712705167563?s=46

4 attempts over 10 yards today.  Of course his completion % was good when 15 of his 19 attempts were under 10 yards.

Rambo89

Doc16LT56

@Rambo89 there were some interesting responses to that tweet from AQ Shipley, a 12 year NFL OL...

Hey @NYGToday I understand the negativity towards Neal but before furthering the narrative maybe understand the play before posting what you "think" rather than "know".  Neal  has a sift on backer in empty protection which he does. This is all on Jones. Needs to throw hot!

What does that even mean. Plays are designed with protection rules. It doesnt matter if no one is open. If you have 5 in protection and they bring 6 then you are hot and therefore need to throw hot to someone or throw away so you dont take sack. That is how plays work. You always want to leave the widest because he will take longest to get to qb.

Also just so you know thats how every protection is. Back has his responsibility and line has theres. If back is out on route the line has them "all" if more come than you have lineman ball has to get out quick and one of the lineman will have to sift inside and leave the widest unblocked.

The qb always has something built in if they bring more to either side than can protect.