News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF QB Generated Pressures

Started by Rambo89, October 10, 2023, 04:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Not sure how they calculate this and what they quantify as a QB versus the offensive line generating pressures but thought I would share.  It's interesting that if you take this and adjust the total number of pressures the Giants have given up the offensive line ranks third to last rather than last.You cannot view this attachment.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

madbadger

I haven't watched the other quarterbacks listed but when you calculate the average yardage per attempt you will see that most of Jones attempts are on very short routes so the % of pressure is slightly misrepresentative of reality. You really sholdn''t have pressure when you're running a five yard slant. Conversely if you're attacking down field it's more likely that the opponent will generate pressure. I suspect if the play calling mimicked Mahomes and Allen that our offensive line would shoot to the top of the list.

Rambo89

I don't know the metrics they use to calculate this or whether it's like a lot of their grading that is opinion based.  I just found it interesting that we throw number of QB pressures around frequently and just assuming that it's all on bad line play when it's more complex than that.  Between this argument and there being a small sample size of just 17 games is why I am not a fan of utilizing a ton of metrics to analyze NFL players and teams.  At least with baseball there are 162 games and enough of a sample size with the analytics that you can use the data to project more accurately.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18