News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants injury report just keeps getting longer

Started by MightyGiants, October 12, 2023, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Giant Insider Podcast and Newspaper
@GiantInsider
#NYGiants injury report 10/12:
DNP:
RB Gary Brightwell (ankle)
P Jamie Gillan (illness)
QB Daniel Jones (neck)
LB Azeez Ojulari (ankle)
OT Matt Peart (shoulder)
C John Michael Schmitz (shoulder)
T Andrew Thomas (hamstring)

Limited:
CB Tae Banks (ankle)
RB Saquon Barkley (ankle)
DL D.J. Davidson (knee)
CB Cor'Dale Flott (ankle)
G Shane Lemieux (groin)
LB Micah McFadden (ankle)
OL Marcus MeKethan (knee)
OL Evan Neal (ankle)
WR Wan"Dale Robinson (knee)
TE Darren Waller (groin)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jaime

Did TC say something to the effect that "Injuries are contagious"?

Uni

The kind of thing you might play through when you're winning isn't worth doing when you're losing. There's no payoff. That's why bad teams have injury reports a mile long and people use it as an excuse. It's also why Couglin said that injuries were in part a mental thing

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Uni on October 13, 2023, 03:53:58 AMIt's also why Couglin said that injuries were in part a mental thing

I miss Coughlin.

Although that's a pretty old school view. Implies people are faking it?

afan56

Quote from: AYM on October 12, 2023, 08:47:15 PMCan we just forfeit the game?

The injured list suggests that some guys may have done just that.

Trench

Giantleap56

I'm glad Jones isn't playing I don't want him or even TT for that matter without an O-line out there. You're better off playing Danny DeVito out there. I feel sorry for any QB behind this O-line.

killarich

Azeez is injured again ?? What did I miss the last game

Trench

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on October 13, 2023, 09:34:36 AMAzeez is injured again ?? What did I miss the last game

I am equally surprised at Peart being injured yet again.   Considering how few snaps Peart has taken his injury level is ridiculous.

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1712853710739574866?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'm done with Azeez. Waste of a roster spot.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 13, 2023, 12:09:46 PMI'm done with Azeez. Waste of a roster spot.

I will say this: I have listened to Carl Banks for years.  There has only been one player that I have seen Banks strongly hint at being soft and not willing to play through the bumps and bruises and that is Azeez
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE