News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What if we just devoted an entire draft to the O line?

Started by DaveBrown74, October 13, 2023, 06:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 13, 2023, 06:15:35 PMI'm sure nobody will like this idea, but I have been hearing about our line being awful for a decade now, so whatever more standard approach we've been using to try to address the problem clearly hasn't worked. Is it time to try another approach?
I know it's unrealistic, but I actually DON'T hate the idea. Until this O-Line is fixed, and I mean fixed correctly, as in NFL caliber players, this team is going nowhere.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jclayton92

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 14, 2023, 06:53:03 AMSorry, but Neal's slow-motion footwork, terrible use of hands, and low IQ can't be blamed on others. He has been awful all on his own.
I think he's getting better. He played significantly better in Miami and actually had good tape outside of the final drive and the rep were Jones was injured.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 14, 2023, 02:16:18 PMI think he's getting better. He played significantly better in Miami and actually had good tape outside of the final drive and the rep were Jones was injured.

Being that he was one of the worst in the league, there was nowhere to go but up. He's still WAY too slow to be an NFL tackle and shows absolutely no awareness or recognition of anything outside of the most vanilla concepts.

I hold out a slim hope he could develop into an average or better OG, but he has no future at OT.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 14, 2023, 09:14:22 PMBeing that he was one of the worst in the league, there was nowhere to go but up. He's still WAY too slow to be an NFL tackle and shows absolutely no awareness or recognition of anything outside of the most vanilla concepts.

I hold out a slim hope he could develop into an average or better OG, but he has no future at OT.
Well you'll have to wait a while for that because as long as he shows progress whoever is coaching the Oline this coming season is going to give him a chance to succeed. At the earliest you're looking at 2025 before they would likely try moving him inside.