News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Bills game thread

Started by MightyGiants, October 15, 2023, 07:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Bad clock management from the get go is why they come away with nothing. Maybe TT screwed up the last play but Daboll screwed the whole sequence.

MagicRat

That takes so much away from one of the gutsiest halves in a long time.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Trench

Quote from: files58 on October 15, 2023, 10:05:03 PMThat's on Taylor. There have been alot of stupid play calls both in College and Pros this year.

It's on Daboll also!...he wasted 5 seconds on the previous series when he called timeout!!!!!

umassgrad

Playing not to lose will always lead to a loss

killarich

not getting 3 there is rough.... being up 9-0 is a big difference then 6-0

Jclayton92

Taylor has played a half in the past 2+ years, I'll give him a pass. Especially since the coordinator has to communicate that he can't run there with no timeouts available.

spiderblue43

You simply rpo that play .basic stuff. Throw it into the stands if not there  .bad coaching.what the hell are they doing all the time in training camp?
Kick the 3  ~X(  ~X(  ~X(

Messiah717

andrew_nyGiants

When you're the HC of a 1-4 team with playoff expectations and you're at the 1 with 14 seconds left in the half, YOUR JOB IS TO OVERCOMMUNICATE SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL!!

He can yell at Tyrod all he wants about not audibling to a run there. That conversation should've happened during the time-out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AYM

On the surface, you have to pass the ball in that situation.

On the other hand, I get Taylor deciding "surely Barkley can get a yard" and not expecting Barkley to dance again.

PSUBeirut

Absolutely inexcusable end of the half.  Should have easily had at LEAST 2 cracks in the end zone and if nothing there, Giants are up by 2 scores getting the ball 1st in 2nd half. 

Now we will see how tough these guys are.  Each game we've lost there has been a moment like this that they just couldn't get past.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AYM on October 15, 2023, 10:09:05 PMOn the surface, you have to pass the ball in that situation.

On the other hand, I get Taylor deciding "surely Barkley can get a yard" and not expecting Barkley to dance again.

Why would he expect Barkley to do anything good there when he had clearly been terrible the whole first half and is clearly not healthy?

Moreover, why was Barkley even out there at all?

madbadger

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 15, 2023, 10:08:55 PMWhen you're the HC of a 1-4 team with playoff expectations and you're at the 1 with 14 seconds left in the half, YOUR JOB IS TO OVERCOMMUNICATE SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL!!

He can yell at Tyrod all he wants about not audibling to a run there. That conversation should've happened during the time-out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At some point you have to expect that a ten year vet is smart enough to make the right decision. Micromanaging is never a healthy thing.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: AYM on October 15, 2023, 10:09:05 PMOn the surface, you have to pass the ball in that situation.

You have got to be kidding.  You absolutely do not EVER run the ball in that situation with no timeouts.  EVER. 

Moose135

So, what's the consensus here? Giants lose 7-6 on a last minute Buffalo TD?  :surprise:
The Moose is Loose!