News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thursday injury update

Started by MightyGiants, October 19, 2023, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1715054871403995489?s=20

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
Brian Daboll said he expected Evan Neal (ankle) to practice as limited participant today, but he appeared very limited as offensive line headed behind field house for position drills during media viewing period. He was suited up, so plans may have changed with how Neal was feeling in early warmups. #NYGiants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Is there any sort of updated timeline for Thomas?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 19, 2023, 03:40:19 PMIs there any sort of updated timeline for Thomas?

Yesterday

"Getting better," per Daboll.

Me-   "Ronnie, care to explain?"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 19, 2023, 03:43:40 PMYesterday

"Getting better," per Daboll.

Me-   "Ronnie, care to explain?"

Is it just me or is it not normal to at least have an estimated return for every injured player?

Such as "day to day" or "three to five weeks"?

I honestly have no clue what's going on with Thomas. And I don't see why this cloak and dagger stuff helps anyone or hurts opponents. That feels like Joe Judge type logic to me.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 19, 2023, 05:56:13 PMIs it just me or is it not normal to at least have an estimated return for every injured player?

Such as "day to day" or "three to five weeks"?

I honestly have no clue what's going on with Thomas. And I don't see why this cloak and dagger stuff helps anyone or hurts opponents. That feels like Joe Judge type logic to me.

Hamstring injuries are the devil. They tend to linger and the odds of re-injuring are quite high. Putting a date on it is an exercise in futility.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 19, 2023, 06:28:04 PMHamstring injuries are the devil. They tend to linger and the odds of re-injuring are quite high. Putting a date on it is an exercise in futility.

Good point. Fair enough.

DragonSoul

what happened to JMS shoulder? And at this point why even play? Soon the team will all be bench warming. Their Drs are cringe worthy. Been saying it for around a decade and nothing changes. R U Freaking kidding me? Argh... Like Mcgoos 3 wrs and throw it to Beckham.

TDToomer

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 19, 2023, 11:52:11 PMwhat happened to JMS shoulder? And at this point why even play? Soon the team will all be bench warming. Their Drs are cringe worthy. Been saying it for around a decade and nothing changes. R U Freaking kidding me? Argh... Like Mcgoos 3 wrs and throw it to Beckham.

:what:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: DragonSoul on October 19, 2023, 11:52:11 PMwhat happened to JMS shoulder? And at this point why even play? Soon the team will all be bench warming. Their Drs are cringe worthy. Been saying it for around a decade and nothing changes. R U Freaking kidding me? Argh... Like Mcgoos 3 wrs and throw it to Beckham.

Unfortunately, the Giants treat injury details like nuclear launch codes.  No idea what sort of shoulder injury JMS is dealing with.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 20, 2023, 12:51:23 PMUnfortunately, the Giants treat injury details like nuclear launch codes.  No idea what sort of shoulder injury JMS is dealing with.

You must nor follow Hockey. In the NHL teams are only obligated to designate an injury as Upper Body or Lower Body.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs