News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

That's one way to stop the tush push

Started by MightyGiants, October 19, 2023, 02:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

zephirus

Bob In PA

I thought there was a rule against "helping the runner."

Those money-hungry ^*($^$& won't change it until someone really gets hurt, or until the International Rugby Assn. brings suit against them for appropriating their "moves" without just compensation. LOL

In any event, do you realize how hard it is to do what the guy in the video did without committing a foul?  First, he wasn't off-side.  Second, it could be determined to have been a personal foul if he had landed on the QB. Third, while NOT landing on the QB the guy had the presence of mind to reach out and grab the QB.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 19, 2023, 02:37:24 PMI thought there was a rule against "helping the runner."

Those money-hungry ^*($^$& won't change it until someone really gets hurt, or until the International Rugby Assn. brings suit against them for appropriating their "moves" without just compensation. LOL

In any event, do you realize how hard it is to do what the guy in the video did without committing a foul?  First, he wasn't off-side.  Second, it could be determined to have been a personal foul if he had landed on the QB. Third, while NOT landing on the QB the guy had the presence of mind to reach out and grab the QB.

Bob

2005 the league removed the language in the rule book that prohibited pushing offensive players
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I remember that Arrington play. Couldn't believe he did it.
As far as the kid in the first video - wow, what an athletic feat. But as Bob said, everything has to go exactly perfect, there are just so many things that can go wrong.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

TDToomer

That Jefferson kid from Ridgemont High made a similar move back in 1982.  >:D
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs