News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Cole Beasley asked to be released and the Giants granted his wish

Started by MightyGiants, October 20, 2023, 09:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 09:44:57 AMWhy would he do that?

I have no idea, but perhaps there's another team that is interested in him where he believes he may have more of a role?

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 20, 2023, 09:53:28 AMI have no idea, but perhaps there's another team that is interested in him where he believes he may have more of a role?
That team could simply poach him. Maybe he would rather be in a PS with more winning potential?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Beasley seems to do this every year. He's kind of a little bitch.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 10:01:33 AMThat team could simply poach him. Maybe he would rather be in a PS with more winning potential?

Yes I was thinking another practice squad.

beaugestus

Quote from: TDToomer on October 20, 2023, 10:12:35 AMBeasley seems to do this every year. He's kind of a little bitch.

I can understand why he asked for his release, the Gmen have been jerking him around for years now. I hope somebody will pick him up and give him a better opportunity.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: beaugestus on October 20, 2023, 10:32:20 AMI can understand why he asked for his release, the Gmen have been jerking him around for years now. I hope somebody will pick him up and give him a better opportunity.

How have the Giants jerked Cole Beasley around for years? He has never been part of the organization prior to this season. Are you confusing him with someone else?

beaugestus

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 20, 2023, 10:34:52 AMHow have the Giants jerked Cole Beasley around for years? He has never been part of the organization prior to this season. Are you confusing him with someone else?

You are correct, my bad, I was thinking about Sills.

Ed Vette

With conditions being what they are, he was actually a better option than Campbell or Shep. If he was healthy, he may have beaten out Shep. The Giants sorely missed Richie James.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

miss86

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 10:49:28 AMWith conditions being what they are, he was actually a better option than Campbell or Shep. If he was healthy, he may have beaten out Shep. The Giants sorely missed Richie James.

Yeah, I wished they kept Richie James too. The guy was clutch when we needed him and he was cheap.

beaugestus

uconnjack8

Not sure if I have ever heard of someone asking to be released off of a practice squad.