News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #245
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Clever purple
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #246
🟦🟦🟦🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
Lots of guessing
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Is it me or are some of these connections tenous at best, it seems like the quality of the game is diminishing over time, like they are running out of good matches
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #247
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I try and do this 'game' most days but I don't post about it because I am usually terrible at it. Something like this is as far from my forte as Shakespeare is to me.
I don't know how some of you figure out these combos but I do agree with Rich in that some days (like today) even when I see the answers I still don't see how anyone can find the answers. I agree that the puzzles seem to be getting, not harder, but more diminishing in quality and some of the combos are so far-fetched, I give tremendous credit to Ed who just seems to nail them every day. I do get them every once in a while and feel good about that, but mostly I fail and fail miserably.  I try though.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #247
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on February 13, 2024, 06:44:46 PMI try and do this 'game' most days but I don't post about it because I am usually terrible at it. Something like this is as far from my forte as Shakespeare is to me.
I don't know how some of you figure out these combos but I do agree with Rich in that some days (like today) even when I see the answers I still don't see how anyone can find the answers. I agree that the puzzles seem to be getting, not harder, but more diminishing in quality and some of the combos are so far-fetched, I give tremendous credit to Ed who just seems to nail them every day. I do get them every once in a while and feel good about that, but mostly I fail and fail miserably.  I try though.
It's rare that I get them in four tries. Often the better match is The one I get wrong, like today. But sometimes you have to give up on a combination because there are words that fit a different line of thinking.

Grocery store aisles could have been supermarket departments and I chose fish over snacks first and was wrong. Yellow and Green was obvious after walking away several times. It wasn't obvious at first.

I rarely get purple like today I didn't until it came up.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #248
🟦🟩🟦🟩
🟩🟨🟦🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #248
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟪🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #249
🟩🟪🟩🟩
🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I knew what blue was. Just couldn't get the right combo as there were red herrings.

Connections
Puzzle #250
🟪🟨🟩🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟦

Ed Vette

I had to guess on green. Shuttlecock was a stretch. I'm losing patience for this game.

Connections
Puzzle #250
🟪🟨🟩🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟩🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 16, 2024, 04:45:37 AMI knew what blue was. Just couldn't get the right combo as there were red herrings.

Connections
Puzzle #250
🟪🟨🟩🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟦
Same with me after I eliminated snakes.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #251
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #251
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin