News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

I outsmarted myself instead of going with the obvious.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟨🟦🟦🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟦🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I rushed this one and made it way harder than it needed to be. I am learning that it is absolutely crucial to read and process every single word before making your first guess.

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟪🟩🟦🟪
🟪🟪🟦🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟪
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟨🟪
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2023, 12:14:32 PMConnections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

You must be a lot smarter than me, Tim - I can't seem to find a relationship between more than two or three words. I truly suck at this  ~X(

MightyGiants

For me, it's feast or famine.  Crashed and burned yesterday, but perfect today.

I feel like you need Sherlock Holmes type knowledge for this game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2023, 12:37:09 PMYou must be a lot smarter than me, Tim - I can't seem to find a relationship between more than two or three words. I truly suck at this  ~X(
Smart is relative. I've seen more than enough of your posts to know that you're no slouch in the intelligence department.  :ok:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2023, 02:46:20 PMFor me, it's feast or famine.  Crashed and burned yesterday, but perfect today.

I feel like you need Sherlock Holmes type knowledge for this game.

I'm still trying to develop from a strategic standpoint. One thing you definitely can't do in this is rush.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2023, 03:02:08 PMSmart is relative. I've seen more than enough of your posts to know that you're no slouch in the intelligence department.  :ok:
I are more smarter than some  :crazy:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟦🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟦🟦

See? I ain't so smart  :doh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Finally got one  :what:

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

DaveBrown74

First two I thought were pretty gettable but then I stumbled a bit before getting the third. I actually don't know I found the third one harder than the first two. I don't really think it was. Sometimes the damn answer is right in front of you but you don't see it right away.

The fourth one I think was legit hard.

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟪🟨🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟨🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Wiseguy tricked me on the computer combo initially.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin