News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I am learning I have a bit of color blindness for the pink and blue.  I struggle to differentiate the two. :o

I got a perfect score today.  I am starting to identify a tactic.  Previously, I would work on the first pattern I identified.  Now, if I don't feel fully comfortable with a given patter, I continue looking to see if there is one I feel better about.   Obviously, the more choices you can take off the board, the easier the remaining groupings become.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 02, 2023, 01:28:39 PMI am learning I have a bit of color blindness for the pink and blue.  I struggle to differentiate the two. :o

I got a perfect score today.  I am starting to identify a tactic.  Previously, I would work on the first pattern I identified.  Now, if I don't feel fully comfortable with a given patter, I continue looking to see if there is one I feel better about.   Obviously, the more choices you can take off the board, the easier the remaining groupings become.

Totally agree. You can't get too hung up on one pattern/theme that you're not totally sure about. Especially if you fire a shot at it and get it wrong. What I'm finding is if you fire a second shot at that same pattern but you've subbed out one word, you're almost always wrong on the second guess because the whole theme is usually wrong to begin with, and it's actually something completely different. If I'm not feeling very sure about a guess I just keep looking and thinking. Eventually something better comes to me.

The problem is I only have so much time I can spend on these games early in the AM. I think with this one if one is really plaguing me I'll just put it aside and revert later in the day. I never do that with Wordle. I'm actually pretty bored of Wordle and am thinking of stopping (or at least pausing for a while).

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 02, 2023, 01:28:39 PMI am learning I have a bit of color blindness for the pink and blue.  I struggle to differentiate the two. :o

Go Big Pink!
That just doesn't sound right.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Connections
Puzzle #145
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟩🟩
🟦🟩🟩🟪
🟪🟩🟩🟪
🟦🟩🟩🟩

This was the absolutely the worst one so far.  :cuss:  :angryfire:  :banghead:  :computer:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on November 03, 2023, 01:15:53 AMConnections
Puzzle #145
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟩🟩
🟦🟩🟩🟪
🟪🟩🟩🟪
🟦🟩🟩🟩

This was the absolutely the worst one so far.  :cuss:  :angryfire:  :banghead:  :computer:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:

Yeah, I agree. I couldn't even get three words to match up and when I saw the final solution I thought, "that's beyond a stretch". I doubt there's anyone out there that has much of a streak with this game
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Just finished. Started this earlier, got the first two in maybe two minutes, and then completely struggled after that. Finally figured it out later in the morning. Not an easy one.

Connections
Puzzle #145
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩

T200

Connections
Puzzle #146
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟪🟪
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟪🟦🟦

DaveBrown74

BOOM

Connections
Puzzle #146
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Actually won

Connections
Puzzle #146
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

DaveBrown74

Still always room for improvement but I definitely feel more comfortable with this game than I did for the first few days. I also think this wasn't one of the harder ones today.

Connections
Puzzle #147
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #147
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟦🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟦🟩🟩🟩

DaveBrown74

Not too bad today.

Connections
Puzzle #148
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩

T200

Connections
Puzzle #148
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Just can't get on the same page with both puzzles lol

Jolly Blue Giant

Another C&B (crash and burn)

Looking over the solution I am perplexed. Category for "record" LP, PLATTER, VINYL, WAX

WTF does "WAX" have to do with record  :-?? In my entire life, I have never heard someone call a record, "wax"

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 06, 2023, 10:05:34 AMAnother C&B (crash and burn)

Looking over the solution I am perplexed. Category for "record" LP, PLATTER, VINYL, WAX

WTF does "WAX" have to do with record  :-?? In my entire life, I have never heard someone call a record, "wax"
Let me Google that for you  ;)

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/why-are-lps-sometimes-called-wax.453041/