News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"My head is not in this, I can not focus on anything right now"

Started by MightyGiants, October 21, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 22, 2023, 07:32:22 AMChris,

I have seen plenty of men and women in situations with real stakes (up to life and death) keep their composures.   I don't even compare that to making a mistake in a game. 

When you are in high-stress/high-stakes situations you need to be focused on the present while also planning for the future.   There simply is no room to look back or to allow past events to vex you.
Expressing frustration during high-stress/high-stakes moments does not equate to losing focus. For some people, it's fuel to overcome the obstacles.

Everyone is different. Some folks, you can tell when they absolutely didn't rise to the challenge and let the frustration get the best of them. Others, it's not so easy to tell.

In that moment, he was frustrated. And he's allowed. It's obviously not his norm nor a character flaw. He's good in my book.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 22, 2023, 09:07:03 AMExpressing frustration during high-stress/high-stakes moments does not equate to losing focus. For some people, it's fuel to overcome the obstacles.

Everyone is different. Some folks, you can tell when they absolutely didn't rise to the challenge and let the frustration get the best of them. Others, it's not so easy to tell.

In that moment, he was frustrated. And he's allowed. It's obviously not his norm nor a character flaw. He's good in my book.

Tim,

Look at the quote that is the title of the thread.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 21, 2023, 10:47:57 AMI think they have that

Cade Knox
OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT/GAME MANAGER
Quote from: MightyGiants on October 21, 2023, 10:47:57 AMI think they have that

Cade Knox
OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT/GAME MANAGER

Rich, thank you for the info.

Somehow a former Harvard wide receiver who came into this position from our analytics department does not fill me with confidence and quite frankly the two of them (Knox and Dabs) are leaving a lot to be desired with every game.

I wonder what his qualifications were ??  Maybe he is an expert at Madden. :)

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

I just listened to the broadcast and she said, she walked off the field with Brian Daboll and he was walking off with Tyrod Taylor and she asked about clock management in the first half and he was very red in the face and he said in a very frustrated way, "I don't want to talk about it".

She then tried to ask about some positives like the takeaways and he said, "Melissa I'm so sorry, my head is not in this, I can't focus, on anything right now."

He was angry because he knew they needed to come away with points right there. It also looked to me like Tyrod either thought there was no time left or there was more time left because he was chill and then jumped when the other players tried to line up. The whole thing was a cluster f#(k.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 22, 2023, 09:38:36 AMI just listened to the broadcast and she said, she walked off the field with Brian Daboll and he was walking off with Tyrod Taylor and she asked about clock management in the first half and he was very red in the face and he said in a very frustrated way, "I don't want to talk about it".

She then tried to ask about some positives like the takeaways and he said, "Melissa I'm so sorry, my head is not in this, I can't focus, on anything right now."

He was angry because he knew they needed to come away with points right there. It also looked to me like Tyrod either thought there was no time left or there was more time left because he was chill and then jumped when the other players tried to line up. The whole thing was a cluster f#(k.
Interesting how they didn't play the exchange in the broadcast.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Again Melissa Stark was doing her job! There were no stupid questions an I am sensing a bit of misogyny in some of these comments. Every head coach gets a question or 2 after the half ends or before it begins and 99% of the time they answer the questions. If every coach started doing what Daball did it would become an issue but this is mostly a nothingburger. But don't blame the media, the reporter or the network. Sure the NFL is greedy but the Billions the networks pay is why where they make a large portion of their money. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Coaches in all pro sports have to talk to the media. It's just something you sign up for when you accept the millions a year you're getting paid to do that job. In some sports, such as baseball and hockey, they actually sometimes have coaches speak on a headset to broadcasters while the game is being played. Don't get me wrong, I think that's totally excessive, but the point is simply that if you accept the big compensation that these jobs pay, being available to and cooperative with the media is part of your responsibilities. Nobody has a gun to these coaches' heads forcing them to take these jobs. Don't accept the offer if you can't handle having to talk to the media a lot.