News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dexter

Started by MightyGiants, October 22, 2023, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 22, 2023, 05:04:28 PM

What was Thibs stat line..... he was 50/50 on 3 of Dex's sacks

Disregard I see he was credited with 1.5 like I believed I saw

He now has 5.5 on the year .... Not bad

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on October 22, 2023, 05:58:49 PMWhat was Thibs stat line..... he was 50/50 on 3 of Dex's sacks

Disregard I see he was credited with 1.5 like I believed I saw

He now has 5.5 on the year .... Not bad

KT had 1.5 sacks and 4 tackles.   I don't have the other stats
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

TDToomer

DLaw was a beast today. Worth every penny. It's nice too see a homegrown player cash in and deliver.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: TDToomer on October 22, 2023, 08:12:58 PMDLaw was a beast today. Worth every penny. It's nice too see a homegrown player cash in and deliver.

Maybe this game propels him forward to be more dominant.

4 Aces

Am I seeing correctly that Thibs only has 12 tackles? Through 7 games?

That is unbelievably poor for a starting LB. That tells the story much more than the sacks. I'm not really sure what to say about the guy anymore. I'm convinced there's something personal, off the field going on. The dropped pick 6 today doesn't exactly scream of a guy who's dialed in, either.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: 4 Aces on October 22, 2023, 11:33:02 PMAm I seeing correctly that Thibs only has 12 tackles? Through 7 games?

That is unbelievably poor for a starting LB. That tells the story much more than the sacks. I'm not really sure what to say about the guy anymore. I'm convinced there's something personal, off the field going on. The dropped pick 6 today doesn't exactly scream of a guy who's dialed in, either.

He's a 3-4 OLB though. Generally it's ILBs and safeties that get most of the tackles.

TJ Watt plays the same position as Thibs and is leading the NFL in sacks (despite already having his bye). He gets paid $30mm a year, is a 3x first team all pro, and is widely seen as a top two or three edge guy in the league. He has 16 tackles in 6 games this year.

kingm56

Quote from: 4 Aces on October 22, 2023, 11:33:02 PMAm I seeing correctly that Thibs only has 12 tackles? Through 7 games?

I'm not sure what metrics you're using, but Thibs is on pace for 14 Sacks, 41 Tackles and 18 QB hits this season; those are Pro Bowl type numbers for a 3-4 OLB.  Thibs is unfairly criticized because he's not Micah Parson; ironically, the criticism seems to come from the same group who preaches patience concerning DJ, who's on his second contract and has played 60 games. Yet, the same consideration is not given to a player who's barely played 20 games, even though said player has produced objectively good numbers.

TDToomer

Quote from: kingm56 on October 23, 2023, 07:55:38 AMI'm not sure what metrics you're using, but Thibs is on pace for 14 Sacks, 41 Tackles and 18 QB hits this season; those are Pro Bowl type numbers for a 3-4 OLB.  Thibs is unfairly criticized because he's not Micah Parson; ironically, the criticism seems to come from the same group who preaches patience concerning DJ, who's on his second contract and has played 60 games. Yet, the same consideration is not given to a player who's barely played 20 games, even though said player has produced objectively good numbers.

He's also criticized because he's not Aiden Hutchinson who was drafted higher in the same draft.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

B1GBLUE

Quote from: TDToomer on October 23, 2023, 10:00:04 AMHe's also criticized because he's not Aiden Hutchinson who was drafted higher in the same draft.

He currently has more sacks than both of those guys this season. lot of cleanup style plays, and he doesnt flash on screen like parsons does. but the production is there.

uconnjack8

For Dex, the stats only tell part of the story.  He was reeking havoc most of the day and blowing things up that didn't necessarily show up in the stat sheet.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 23, 2023, 11:29:55 AMFor Dex, the stats only tell part of the story.  He was reeking havoc most of the day and blowing things up that didn't necessarily show up in the stat sheet.

absolutely dominant game from him. he realistically had 3+ sacks, but it shows less because he split some on a few of them. good to see him getting back to form.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 23, 2023, 10:37:21 AMHe currently has more sacks than both of those guys this season. lot of cleanup style plays, and he doesnt flash on screen like parsons does. but the production is there.

Appreciate Thibs production yesterday but come on, his other sacks are cleanup sacks and he does not constantly pressure.  He dances.  Giants played Redskins, not the Eagles or another team with a great OL.