News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I am starting to feel good about the future CB room

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 08:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think the team found their starting CB trio (that we saw start Sunday) in Banks, Hawkins, and Flott in the slot.   

The team can either move on from Adoree after this season or even trade him before the deadline.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 08:38:15 AMI think the team found their starting CB trio (that we saw start Sunday) in Banks, Hawkins, and Flott in the slot.   

The team can either move on from Adoree after this season or even trade him before the deadline.

Probably makes a good trade candidate now. although if im not mistaken he is a free agent after this year, so most teams would probably just wait to sign him. i am confused why we arent using him to his strengths though. hawkins has been ok but i think adoree is the better outside guy. banks looks GREAT. that INT yesterday was an all pro type play. flott has been making some key plays in the slot. I agree this is starting to become a strength for us. key word starting lol.

Ed Vette

When did Adoree get hurt? He was a surprise no show.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

No question our young but talented CB room is one of the bright spots amid an otherwise mostly dark season.

I think Banks has a chance to be a really high level CB in this league.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 23, 2023, 09:59:30 AMWhen did Adoree get hurt? He was a surprise no show.

I sort of remember Adoree getting dinged in the Bills game.  I believe his issue is listed as a neck.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RelaxTension

Unfortunately they will need a couple of Safeties next off season.
I'm not sold on Hawkins yet and unless he becomes Primetime2.0 he will need to learn that tackling is a requirement at this level.
So happy Flott has stepped it up!
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Jclayton92

Adoree came back in the bills game.

That's what we need though regarding finding our entire future at CB in 2 drafts with a 1st, 3rd, and late pick. Now that it is solidified you move onto other areas. We need to continue hitting on late round picks.

I also think we have our future at wr locked up in Wandale and Hyatt. We just need a big bodied young guy to add to them and that's our future.

RelaxTension

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 23, 2023, 12:42:56 PMAdoree came back in the bills game.

That's what we need though regarding finding our entire future at CB in 2 drafts with a 1st, 3rd, and late pick. Now that it is solidified you move onto other areas. We need to continue hitting on late round picks.

I also think we have our future at wr locked up in Wandale and Hyatt. We just need a big bodied young guy to add to them and that's our future.
Hodgins doesn't meet that requirement?

TDToomer

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 23, 2023, 12:42:01 PMUnfortunately they will need a couple of Safeties next off season.
I'm not sold on Hawkins yet and unless he becomes Primetime2.0 he will need to learn that tackling is a requirement at this level.

Or we can stop letting all of our Safeties leave in free agency. McKinney has looked good the past 2 weeks.

Hawkins has to become Deion Sanders to win you over? Now that is setting the bar high.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 08:38:15 AMI think the team found their starting CB trio (that we saw start Sunday) in Banks, Hawkins, and Flott in the slot. 

I'm with you Rich.  They have been one of the lone bright spots as ascending defensive players prior to Skins game.  Let's see if the defense plays better and better now or if the Skins game was just the exception.

RelaxTension

Quote from: TDToomer on October 23, 2023, 12:50:22 PMOr we can stop letting all of our Safeties leave in free agency. McKinney has looked good the past 2 weeks.

Hawkins has to become Deion Sanders to win you over? Now that is setting the bar high.
I guess you missed the part about him being allergic to tackling so unless he starts doing that he will have to be as good as Sanders was.
Sorry but McKinney isn't worth a 2nd contract that usually over pays the player.

Jclayton92

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 23, 2023, 12:44:40 PMHodgins doesn't meet that requirement?
No not at all but mainly because of his speed. It's nonexistent and he has been as well as he's fallen down the depth chart.

We need a 6'2-6'4 215-220lb 4.50 big bodied possession wr.

files58

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 23, 2023, 12:42:01 PMUnfortunately they will need a couple of Safeties next off season.

The lack of tackling around the league is appalling. Everything is up high. I believe it stems from poor tackling coaching early on from pee wee on up, and the game has become too collegial. From my perspective as a fan there is no reason why guys aren't hit low. The whole idea is to get the ball carrier/receiver on the ground, period. For instance you're going to have a difficult time tackling A. J. Brown up top, but a helmet/shoulder to the knee will get him on the ground.

Jclayton92

Pretty sure Hawkins had an elite tackling grade yesterday.

TDToomer

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 23, 2023, 01:10:13 PMI guess you missed the part about him being allergic to tackling so unless he starts doing that he will have to be as good as Sanders was.
Sorry but McKinney isn't worth a 2nd contract that usually over pays the player.

Then we are always going to have holes at the safety position! Give him a reasonable extension offer and see if he bites.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs