News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can Hyatt be that number 1 WR NYG has been lacking since OBJ?

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Right now he seems to do most of his running outside the numbers.  Hopefully they work more routes across the middle.

You've all listed his attributes.  Just start and play him.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on October 23, 2023, 01:03:13 PMRight now he seems to do most of his running outside the numbers.  Hopefully they work more routes across the middle.

You've all listed his attributes.  Just start and play him.
I think they need one more threat to really make wandale and Hyatt shine.

Whether it's Odunze, Nabors, Harris or someone like that in this draft that would make the core a trio and make defenses have to account for them.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 23, 2023, 01:23:51 PMI think they need one more threat to really make wandale and Hyatt shine.

Whether it's Odunze, Nabors, Harris or someone like that in this draft that would make the core a trio and make defenses have to account for them.

J: The way we played so far this season I figure Giants are still in the running for Marvin Harrison, Jr. LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 23, 2023, 01:57:27 PMJ: The way we played so far this season I figure Giants are still in the running for Marvin Harrison, Jr. LOL
I really like Harrison and Egbuka from Ohio St but man the Nabors kid at LSU and Odunze at Washington are coming for that #1 wr spot. Should be a bunch to choose from in the draft.

BluesCruz

He's alreday #1 but the bar wasnt that high

Waller is right there with him
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Uni

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 23, 2023, 02:24:35 PMI really like Harrison and Egbuka from Ohio St but man the Nabors kid at LSU and Odunze at Washington are coming for that #1 wr spot. Should be a bunch to choose from in the draft.
How many will last the the second round?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Uni on October 23, 2023, 03:59:17 PMHow many will last the the second round?
Likely a few because there's just that much talent this year. Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors are all 3 top 15 picks though they are that good.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 23, 2023, 04:35:52 PMLikely a few because there's just that much talent this year. Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors are all 3 top 15 picks though they are that good.
J: I think the Eagles will want one of them. 

They can only go so long with the TWO probably elite-level WR's they currently have.

Just like with QB's, eventually it becomes a numbers game.  They went for broke this year and overspent, IMO.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

y_so_blu

If we actually get the ball to him, then hell yes.

Forget OBJ, he has the tools to be our next Amani Toomer.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 23, 2023, 05:03:57 PMJ: I think the Eagles will want one of them. 

They can only go so long with the TWO probably elite-level WR's they currently have.

Just like with QB's, eventually it becomes a numbers game.  They went for broke this year and overspent, IMO.

Bob
I agree as they should, we should as well. The talent at RB, WR, and QB is ridiculous in this upcoming draft. The Wr FA market should also be really good. Depth wise I don't remember a year were the draft was thus deep at the 3 primary offensive positions. Not just early rounds but all the way to the 3rd/4th round.

uconnjack8

At this point I think Hyatt's floor is a deep threat similar a certain former philly player I hate.   

I think he can be better than that though.

bamagiantfan

I don't see him as a #1 but he has quickly developed into what they needed him to be - a downfield threat. The Giants haven't had a WR who scared Defenses in a long time. Some might say since Victor Cruz. The Giants need that to force Defenses to play the deep area. If the Giants had a true number one, Hyatt would be a very good number two who can stretch Defenses and give more room for the other receivers to work.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

MightyGiants

Quote from: bamagiantfan on October 24, 2023, 08:22:38 AMI don't see him as a #1 but he has quickly developed into what they needed him to be - a downfield threat. The Giants haven't had a WR who scared Defenses in a long time. Some might say since Victor Cruz. The Giants need that to force Defenses to play the deep area. If the Giants had a true number one, Hyatt would be a very good number two who can stretch Defenses and give more room for the other receivers to work.

Mitch,

What do you believe Hyatt is missing that prevents him from becoming a true number one?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE