News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF grades for Commander's game

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 12:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Basham and Robinson seem to have been dud pick ups to this point.

Also this might be the best all around game Hawkins has had.

Uni

Holy Schnikes, I forgot we ever picked up Basham from the Bills. I can't remember hearing his name on the broadcast.

Ed Vette

Difference makers going forward are tackling has improved and it was very evident and pass blocking has improved by Bredeson and Glowinski who are two guards once JMS is back. Also the RBs are both good pass blockers and that's huge. If the performance by Phillips is not an anomaly, that's huge too.

If Thomas and JMS are back then I'm excited for Jones return. Quite frankly I don't want to be right about him. It's in everyone's best interest for him to get to the next level.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Has the defense turned a corner?  Two weeks in a row with solid performances.  One against a good offense,  one against a not so good offense.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 23, 2023, 05:41:34 PMHas the defense turned a corner?  Two weeks in a row with solid performances.  One against a good offense,  one against a not so good offense.

They have. The secondary is proving to be better than thought, Okereke has reallystepped his game up and has been excellent, and the D-line has really come to life.

Interestingly, as they have played better, Azeez Ojulari has been absent. He has not been part of this process.

gregf

Hasn't Phillips,  going back to last year, averaged better PFF scores than Neal?  Let meritt rule and start him

Stringer Bell

Quote from: gregf on October 23, 2023, 06:34:13 PMHasn't Phillips,  going back to last year, averaged better PFF scores than Neal?  Let meritt rule and start him

While I most definitely agree - the eye test is far less kind to Neal than his pedigree - I don't see it happening.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 12:45:15 PM

so all of a sudden our oline is competent. can anyone seriously break down how much this does, or doesnt have to do with tyrod at qb?

me personally, i just dont see how a different qb all of a sudden makes these guys block better. sure tyrod gets rid of the ball faster, but just watching the game you can clearly see such a massive improvement in protection over when jones was in. lineman dont get bad grades because their qb sat in the pocket too long and got sacked. the qb gets negatively affected for that. so i am just not buying it.

all in all, its GREAT to see them play with signs of life, and after a rough start mcfadden is really starting to look like an impact player. him and okereke are doing a great job. nice game by hawkins too who i havent really seen stand out before this week. tyre phillips came in against a tough front, and performed reasonably well. neal now has serious competition at RT. good problem to have. we now have some battle tested depth, and theres actually a discussion about who is going to start when everyone is healthy.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 23, 2023, 05:41:34 PMHas the defense turned a corner?  Two weeks in a row with solid performances.  One against a good offense,  one against a not so good offense.

they have been borderline elite the last 8 quarters. pass rush, not giving up huge rushing plays, getting turnovers... i'd say they have turned a corner. this week will be an interesting game with 2 good d's against 2 dreadful offenses.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 23, 2023, 06:03:26 PMThey have. The secondary is proving to be better than thought, Okereke has reallystepped his game up and has been excellent, and the D-line has really come to life.

Interestingly, as they have played better, Azeez Ojulari has been absent. He has not been part of this process.

wow. i literally forgot about him. thats bad for him.