News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Is Justin Herbert good?

Started by PSUBeirut, October 23, 2023, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut

Seems like an appropriate stat to share here:
https://x.com/Ihartitz/status/1716859771595235769?s=20

I'm moving more toward the feeling that he ain't all that great.  Might be a great fantasy football QB but I just don't think he's accurate, a gamer, or a guy who elevates the team around him. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: PSUBeirut on October 24, 2023, 07:18:07 PMSeems like an appropriate stat to share here:
https://x.com/Ihartitz/status/1716859771595235769?s=20

I'm moving more toward the feeling that he ain't all that great.  Might be a great fantasy football QB but I just don't think he's accurate, a gamer, or a guy who elevates the team around him. 

PSU: IMO, like Jones, he is dependent on the quality of other offensive personnel who surround him.

EVERY quarterback in the NFL is, although some ARE more to be able to overcome more adversity than others.

Sadly, it's almost impossible to prove the latter statement.  I wish we could place Jones on the Chiefs or Eagles for just one week, and move their QB's to the Giants, because I would dearly love to be conclusively proven wrong (or right) about this.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

ralphpal1

Is hurts playing good this season ? Something is off. HE is winning but he has 7 interceptions and he isnt the same
But winning.is all.that matters

umassgrad

Herbert is much better than anyone QB on the Giants roster and it's not even close.

kartanoman

Quote from: T200 on October 24, 2023, 10:08:17 AMThat's a very appropriate comparison as well.

Not the Kirk Cousins who out-duelled "the" Mr. Irrelevant himself on Monday Night Football!

Admittedly, I'll turn on the Chargers games and my take is that the kid, when he's on his game, can match it with any of the game's greatest gunslingers. When he's not, then that's another story. He's been inconsistent so far this season. He's short a WR and a TE, I believe, as well as his center, but He's a four year pro who is supposed to adjust and overcome, right?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)