News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- The Rich Get Richer

Started by Jclayton92, October 24, 2023, 11:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

The Tennessee Titans are trading All-Pro defensive back Kevin Byard to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles will be sending the Titans a 2024 5th and 6th rounder and safety Terrell Edmunds.

So basically they get one of the best safeties in the league for absolutely nothing. Byard was a guy I hoped the Giants would have gone after in the offseason. Just wild that the Titans keep allowing the Eagles to fleece them.

MightyGiants

I have to wonder if Howie Roseman has blackmail material on the rest of the league.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

goNets

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 11:47:21 AMI have to wonder if Howie Roseman has blackmail material on the rest of the league.
Maybe not the rest of the league but maybe Tennessee.  They go a pretty good WR from them not so long ago under similar circumstances.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 24, 2023, 11:37:42 AMThe Tennessee Titans are trading All-Pro defensive back Kevin Byard to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles will be sending the Titans a 2024 5th and 6th rounder and safety Terrell Edmunds.

So basically they get one of the best safeties in the league for absolutely nothing. Byard was a guy I hoped the Giants would have gone after in the offseason. Just wild that the Titans keep allowing the Eagles to fleece them.

When did they fleece them previously?  I thought they got decent value for the AJ Brown trade, especially given the cap implications. 

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 24, 2023, 01:11:55 PMWhen did they fleece them previously?  I thought they got decent value for the AJ Brown trade, especially given the cap implications. 
AJ Brown rn has more receiving yards than the entire wr core in Tennessee. Getting him in exchange for the number 18 overall pick was a steal. I think they also got a 4th but that's nothing. Especially when KC got 5 picks for hill.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 24, 2023, 01:35:50 PMAJ Brown rn has more receiving yards than the entire wr core in Tennessee. Getting him in exchange for the number 18 overall pick was a steal. I think they also got a 4th but that's nothing. Especially when KC got 5 picks for hill.

Fair point.  That trade has not worked out for the Titans the way the Diggs trade worked out for the Vikings either, so that doesn't help.  Burks hasn't made an impact.

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 24, 2023, 02:16:55 PMFair point.  That trade has not worked out for the Titans the way the Diggs trade worked out for the Vikings either, so that doesn't help.  Burks hasn't made an impact.
I actually really liked Burks out of college and still think he can be something, the offense in Tennessee is just bad.

beaugestus

Sounds like they were contract dumps and teams had no choice but to let them go for low round draft choices.

spiderblue43

Byard is 30 and has looked it. Going to the Eagles has to rejuvenate him some. Howie is two steps seemingly over everyone.

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 25, 2023, 10:44:15 AMByard is 30 and has looked it. Going to the Eagles has to rejuvenate him some. Howie is two steps seemingly over everyone.

spider: I think that is what the Eagles are banking on. 

They figure a guy his age has Super-Bowl-worthy experience, so that's to their benefit.

Also, they figure he'll give it everything he has left in the tank to get a ring, which is also to their benefit.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs