News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I have a feeling Jones doesn't return this week

Started by MightyGiants, October 25, 2023, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

First, there is Jones' comments, and then there is Tyrod giving comments to the press that sound like he will be starting.

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Daniel Jones said he "feels good" and is doing more each week. It's just about "passing a couple more tests" in order to get cleared for contact.

But Jones did say there are some symptoms. His optimism on not being shut down is in that it's a different injury than 2021 and there have been other players with similar injuries who have returned in a comparable timeline.

Jones wouldn't specify which players.
2:54 PM · Oct 25, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/SNYGiants/status/1717253409940680777?s=20

https://x.com/giantswfan/status/1717252625513529530?s=20

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1717253392941060459?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Whilst I'm pleased he's not re-injured the old neck injury, the fact he's got a second neck injury and verging missing on substantial time, for the second time in 3 years - it's not a dependable situation.

Jclayton92

From the Kay Adam's interview I saw I would put the chances of him starting this week at 4%.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 25, 2023, 03:37:03 PMFrom the Kay Adam's interview I saw I would put the chances of him starting this week at 4%.

Jess,

I was aware of that interview, but I considered the possibility that the doctors wouldn't examine him and clear him until Wednesday (which was their first practice day).   Now that he wasn't cleared, I would agree with our assessment.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

I'm sure the Jets are preparing for Taylor and not falling for any ruse that Jones is going to play. With that neck issues, the most likely return will be Las Vegas. If that doesn't happen, he might not play again this season.

BluesCruz

I have a feeling Jones neck only gets better after TT lays an egg

Think about 1-5 possibly headed to 1-15 put Schoen and Dabolls jobs in jeapordy

We have a history of intoerance of following up a good season with a disaster season
Ask Ben McAdoo, Joe Judge and Pat Shurmur
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

I don't really want Jones back there until Thomas is back and feeling healthy.  Too much risk with too little reward.

Giant Obsession

Minimum 4 to 6 weeks from time of injury.

50/50 he is done for year.

You don't mess with neck/ cervical.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Uni

Quote from: BluesCruz on October 25, 2023, 04:09:13 PMI have a feeling Jones neck only gets better after TT lays an egg
The one thing about journeymen QB is their inability to sustain high levels of play for more than two or three weeks. Every now an then you will get 5 weeks out of a Fitz and then the magic runs out (but only after they sign an extension). Plus, DCs have two weeks of tape now to sniff out tendencies. So maybe this is the week Tyrod lays an egg,

Gman329

Quote from: Uni on October 25, 2023, 06:29:36 PMThe one thing about journeymen QB is their inability to sustain high levels of play for more than two or three weeks. Every now an then you will get 5 weeks out of a Fitz and then the magic runs out (but only after they sign an extension). Plus, DCs have two weeks of tape now to sniff out tendencies. So maybe this is the week Tyrod lays an egg,

Plus, he'll be playing against a MUCH better defense. 

Ed Vette

Daboll can read the room. He knows it's better for TT to play at home against this Defense. The crowd won't be as brutal if things unravel. I don't see Jones this week either.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GloryDays

I think you are right Rich, in that case I would give the Giants around 30% chance for a W.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on October 25, 2023, 08:45:14 PMI think you are right Rich, in that case I would give the Giants around 30% chance for a W.

What odds would you give us if Jones were healthy and playing?

GloryDays

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 25, 2023, 09:07:37 PMWhat odds would you give us if Jones were healthy and playing?

All things equal (O line playing better than when Jones got injured) I would give them ~50%