News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How much is the 2021 draft contributing to the Giants?

Started by MightyGiants, October 26, 2023, 11:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Philosophers

Just another typical draft result for the Gmen.

TDToomer

Gettlehell is the gift that keeps giving. He was kept around one draft too late.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Sem

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

madbadger

How can one organization be so bad for so long. You could come up with groupings based on projected rounds and throw darts at it to make the pick and still out perform that draft.

katkavage

Quote from: madbadger on October 26, 2023, 11:32:00 AMHow can one organization be so bad for so long. You could come up with groupings based on projected rounds and throw darts at it to make the puck and still out perform that draft.
One name answers the question in your first sentence. John Mara. He's the man behind the man behind the man.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 26, 2023, 11:32:00 AMHow can one organization be so bad for so long. You could come up with groupings based on projected rounds and throw darts at it to make the puck and still out perform that draft.

Agreed. I'm not at all convinced that the average fan using Todd McShay's or Dane Brugler's draft board and a few YouTube highlight films would have been an appreciably worse job drafting over Gettleman's four years than Gettleman himself did.

madbadger

Quote from: katkavage on October 26, 2023, 11:53:29 AMOne name answers the question in your first sentence. John Mara. He's the man behind the man behind the man.

You can add Chris Mara and Tim McDonnell to that list. If they weren't direct descendants of Wellington Mara there is a zero percent chance that they would have risen to their rank and kept their jobs despite a proven track record of sheer incompetence.

brownelvis54

Cant help but wonder how long the Giants keep Azeez Ojulari on the roster
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 26, 2023, 01:33:17 PMCant help but wonder how long the Giants keep Azeez Ojulari on the roster

My guess, is when his relatively cheap rookie contract ends.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 26, 2023, 01:36:31 PMMy guess, is when his relatively cheap rookie contract ends.   

Perhaps, but he is taking up a roster spot. Since he is still cheap...maybe Giants could trade him for a draft pick?
The KING is in the building

B1GBLUE

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 26, 2023, 01:44:55 PMPerhaps, but he is taking up a roster spot. Since he is still cheap...maybe Giants could trade him for a draft pick?

what are we gonna get? a 6th? keep him until the end of his deal, but dont be afraid to get a starter in his place asap.

madbadger

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 26, 2023, 01:33:17 PMCant help but wonder how long the Giants keep Azeez Ojulari on the roster

I will say this. There was a reason why he was a first round talent who lasted till the second round and that was his injury history. We took a shot and lost. I don't mind that one nearly as much as the others.