News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants and Jets compared

Started by MightyGiants, October 27, 2023, 10:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
#Giants vs. #Jets is the football version of this meme.

-- Both teams are defense-driven (albeit different ways, with Giants blitzes and Jets straight-up 11-on-11). And both units are coming off BIG performances.

-- Both teams could be playing backup QBs. Tyrod Taylor is allowed to be more aggressive than Zach Wilson.

-- Both teams are relying on injury-riddled, reshuffled, reserve-heavy offensive lines.

-- Both teams have dynamic running backs coming who already have had ACL injuries.

-- Both teams have very good kickers. Expecting a lot of stall-out drives inside the 35YL, so it could be a kicking contest.

Maybe the biggest advantages? Giants coaching staff, Jets' Garrett Wilson.

https://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1717916092360728854?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

This game has all the makings of an ugly game for both teams on offense.

Ed Vette

The key to this game will be turnovers, pressure, and penalties. This will be a huge game for Zack Wilson because Wink will be throwing the Kitchen sink at him. Hopefully, Dabs and Karka will have a balanced attack and a plan to scheme Receivers open.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MagicRat

The line is 35.5 (with my bookie).
Anyone fancy the over?
Smell my cheese you mother!

uconnjack8

Quote from: MagicRat on October 28, 2023, 03:00:57 AMThe line is 35.5 (with my bookie).
Anyone fancy the over?

This is a bet that will be determined where on the field any turnovers that Ed mentioned above occur. 

That and a big special teams play.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MagicRat on October 28, 2023, 03:00:57 AMThe line is 35.5 (with my bookie).
Anyone fancy the over?
I would take the under. Could get sloppy.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin