News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

O-line dinners

Started by MightyGiants, October 27, 2023, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Philosophers

Can't believe this had not happened already and it took a new vet to organize it.

Perfect example of why a team needs 8-10 year veterans who are leaders.  Mistake to think a 24 year old good player knows the importance of this. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I bet Pugh would make a great O line coach whenever he hangs up his cleats.

Ed Vette

I had a nice steak dinner just to support them.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I propose they bring one randomly selected fan to each dinner.

I propose they use BBH as the pool to pick from.

I would be more than happy to be the inaugural test run fan to attend.

And of course, I am just kidding.

T200

He's clearly bribing them to play better so he can get a long-term deal. I see right through him.  8))

Next stop: Peter Luger's   :P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 27, 2023, 03:58:14 PMI bet Pugh would make a great O line coach whenever he hangs up his cleats.
I agree and have thought for a long time that Shaun O'Hara would also be an excellent O-Line coach. I have heard O'Hara speak many times about the kind of teamwork it takes to have a cohesive O-Line and about how when he played, they did everything together on and off the field. He stated a successful O-Line working together is almost like a dance where each member knows the steps and knows what each other are thinking. They move together in unison.
It sounds like Pugh is trying to bring that to the current group.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Hadron

Leadership takes many forms.

Pugh should've never been allowed to leave the building.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Hadron on October 28, 2023, 09:20:06 AMLeadership takes many forms.

Pugh should've never been allowed to leave the building.

He was missing too much time with injury, and got a better deal elsewhere. i was always a fan of his, but he had kinda worn out his welcome. its nice to have him back now though.