News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Huge Game for Thibs

Started by Ed Vette, October 29, 2023, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Breakout game. Give him some love. He earned it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

He 100% earned it.  Let's hope he turned the corner to be a consistent impact player.  Recent 2-3 games is good.

EDjohnst1981

Yup. Absolutely.

Considering all the noise that's been made here, and I've made some of it, I thought he was superb today.

expatriot

Giantleap56

He also committed the penalty that stopped the clock with 17 seconds.

Philosophers

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 29, 2023, 04:35:06 PMYup. Absolutely.

Considering all the noise that's been made here, and I've made some of it, I thought he was superb today.

I've made a lot of it.  Hope I'm wrong as we need him.  Certainly cheering for him.

bamagiantfan

Quote from: Giantleap56 on October 29, 2023, 05:04:00 PMHe also committed the penalty that stopped the clock with 17 seconds.

Which ultimately helped them lose the game.

Lots of QBs threw for over 400 yards in a game. Most of them lost that game. Stats mean nothing without the W.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: expatriot on October 29, 2023, 05:01:25 PMthey lost... big Fing deal.
Really?!

So you take no solace in the fact that there are players on this roster who have the ability to elevate the team?

It's one of the few things I can appreciate about this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 29, 2023, 05:23:10 PMReally?!

So you take no solace in the fact that there are players on this roster who have the ability to elevate the team?

It's one of the few things I can appreciate about this team.

I think it's tough for fans to get excited about an individual performance within one hour after a gut-wrenching loss. I can understand the reaction myself.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 29, 2023, 05:27:13 PMI think it's tough for fans to get excited about an individual performance within one hour after a gut-wrenching loss. I can understand the reaction myself.

I understand the feeling but it's a bit childish IMHO. That kid has taken more abuse than any one on the defense. He played like a pro bowler today. Not his fault that he has a coward for a head coach. No need for that poster to derail thus thread because he's butt hurt. We're all pissed.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 29, 2023, 05:27:13 PMI think it's tough for fans to get excited about an individual performance within one hour after a gut-wrenching loss. I can understand the reaction myself.
I get it.

But as a 53 year diehard I've learned to appreciate the building process and identifying the players who can contribute to our turnaround.

It keeps me sane on afternoons like this.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2023, 05:31:34 PMI understand the feeling but it's a bit childish IMHO. That kid has taken more abuse than any one on the defense. He played like a pro bowler today. Not his fault that he has a coward for a head coach. No need for that poster to derail thus thread because he's butt hurt. We're all pissed.

Yup. I'm not defending the flippant tone. More that I understand how it's hard to get overly excited about moral victories or individual performances immediately following a terrible loss.

I do agree that there is no need to disrupt a perfectly well-conceived thread though with mindless venting. That's what the game thread is for.

Philosophers

On the positive side, the defense is playing better than early season games.  Hope that's not due to easier competition.

Dgoodmantrublu

He's been very good since week 3. But no one here wants to admit it because they'd rather be right.

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 29, 2023, 04:08:49 PMBreakout game. Give him some love. He earned it.

Ed Vette

Quote from: expatriot on October 29, 2023, 05:01:25 PMthey lost... big Fing deal.
The game wasn't over and on the course for a win when I started the thread.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin