News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Not Very Hot Take

Started by Painter, October 30, 2023, 09:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

As suggested by Bleacher Report (B/R)

Only the Jets and Giants are capable of playing the terrible/hilarious game they played yesterday.
To (try to) sum up the 13-10 win for the Jets:

➤ There were more punts (24) than points (23). The 24 punts were most since 2003.
➤ There were 15 punts and 0 third-down conversions in the first half
➤ The Giants had -9 pass yards, least since 2000
The over/under was only 35 points. It cleared by 12 ... with overtime.

Ugh! Ugh! Ugly!

MightyGiants

This was one of the least enjoyable games I can remember.  In fairness, the lousy weather didn't help, but even accounting for the weather, it was just an objectively bad game to watch.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Calling the game "ugly" is an understatement. I hate to cringe during a football game, but I did a lot of that yesterday. Even Ironman Gano was off  :-?? Of course, we're playing with our 3rd string QB in the pouring rain and slippery ball, and our kicker is playing while injured (so I give Gano some slack here), and the OL is put together with a lottery ball tumbler, etc.

There were a few bright spots...Dex is continuing to show the world he's unstoppable and deserves every penny he's paid...Thibs looked good with 3 sacks...Okereke and McFadden appear to be a staple at the ILB position for the next few seasons (finally)...and I thought Flott seems to be stepping up in his second year

But all in all  :sick:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

GordonGekko80

It was one of the worst if not THE worst game I have witnessed in recent years.

kartanoman

Not since Randy Dean ran the option was it as bad as yesterday!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)