News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Leonard Williams to the Seahawks

Started by jgrangers2, October 30, 2023, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Let's goooo!  That's a haul for this guy.

jgrangers2

I was expecting something closer to a 4th or 5th. Can't believe we got a 2nd for him.

MightyGiants

This is a great trade for the Giants.  Here is the original trade to acquire Leo in 2019 (before he started to decline).

Giants gave up a third-round draft pick in 2020 and a fifth-round selection in 2021
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

That's a GREAT haul for Williams.  Well done. 

Section 101 Steve

Hopefully first of many! Get those draft picks. Cyaaa Jackson, McKinney. Wonder if they get a good enough offer to trade sequon?
sm

DaveBrown74

GordonGekko80

As said... He was on the block. Expected.

Next one is Adoree Jackson or Barkley.

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Gmo11

If yesterday's loss is what we had to suffer through in order to get a true fire sale and rebuild...I for one think it was worth it.

Flipper

Great move, gotta clear a ton of cap space.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Flipper on October 30, 2023, 02:49:22 PMGreat move, gotta clear a ton of cap space.

Flipper: I personally did not participate about in-season trades, but many members did make the point that even if the Giants don't plan to trade for an "extra" QB to use this season, they still need the cap space a.s.a.p for other reasons, so it was certainly within the realm of possibility that someone would go soon.  I liked Williams, but the depth at his position was not "dire" so the trade makes sense.  A 2nd-round draft pick will be a very high draft pick for us (sadly). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

H-Town G-Fan

Wow. More compensation than I would have expected for sure. Where does the pendulum on Schoen hot-takes swing now?

andrew_nyGiants

Schoen just earned BIG POINTS from me for this trade!

Love Williams but it was time.

A 2nd and a 4th?!!! Must've been a bidding war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!