News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Commanders trade away Edge Montez Sweat and Chase Young

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2023, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1719381622175285358?s=20

SEE Below for details on Chase Young
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Solid return for an expiring edge in his prime.

Also highlights how strong the Giants return for Leo was, being that he's older and more of an interior DL.

DaveBrown74

I have no idea why the Bears, one of the worst teams in the league and who are multiple years away from contending, are trading away a 2nd rounder for a solid but not great player in his late 20s.

squibber

Now that is what I call Sweat equity. Haha

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 01:45:15 PMI have no idea why the Bears, one of the worst teams in the league and who are multiple years away from contending, are trading away a 2nd rounder for a solid but not great player in his late 20s.

I have a Twitter list of former GMs and front office people and most of them are panning the trade from the Bear's perspective.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: squibber on October 31, 2023, 01:50:14 PMNow that is what I call Sweat equity. Haha
This was your finest attempt at jocularity in all the years I've known you.  :worship:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2023, 01:45:15 PMI have no idea why the Bears, one of the worst teams in the league and who are multiple years away from contending, are trading away a 2nd rounder for a solid but not great player in his late 20s.

Unless I'm missing something...they pulled a Gettleman.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 31, 2023, 02:10:27 PMUnless I'm missing something...they pulled a Gettleman.

Poles did a weird trade like this with Chase Claypool after getting the job. Made no sense at all.

I remember from when Mara was interviewing GM candidates, Poles was on the list and possibly the short list. The feedback at the time was that he had a sharp eye for talent. That may or may not be true, but it's not clear at all that he has a clear vision on building the roster. With that said the haul he got from Carolina for trading down so they could get Bryce Young was pretty legit.

AYM

Gmo11

Quote from: AYM on October 31, 2023, 02:47:15 PMChase Young to the Niners.

Not fair.  Somebody should have stepped in and stopped that.  Niners are already too good.

But also Washington seems to understand the assignment...why don't the Giants?  Trade. Everybody.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

AYM

Quote from: Gmo11 on October 31, 2023, 02:49:49 PMNot fair.  Somebody should have stepped in and stopped that.  Niners are already too good.

But also Washington seems to understand the assignment...why don't the Giants?  Trade. Everybody.

Unfortunately, who would want our junk?

Philosophers

AYM

Quote from: Philosophers on October 31, 2023, 02:58:26 PMHow can 49ers invest so much money in their DL?

Chase Young is basically a rental for them. I doubt they sign him long term, although it's not like he's up for a huge contract either.