News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Michael Schmitz LOOKS like will be our center for a long time

Started by brownelvis54, October 31, 2023, 07:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

John Michael Schmitz is playing well for a rookie. Still need to fix the O-line (say this every year) but looks like we have our Center. Now we need 4 other guys. (Thomas a stud but injured too much for my taste)

The KING is in the building

uconnjack8

I am looking forward to seeing:

Thomas Pugh JMS

That might be a plus combo on the left side for the 1st time in a decade.

nb587

I had this thought about Zack Martin of the Cowboys.  I'm pretty sure he played OT at Notre Dame but the Cowboys immediately put him in at RG where he has been outstanding.  I thought I remember reading when their plan was to even move him to OT but he was so good inside that they left him at OG.  With Neal, his rookie season was so bad at OT that I wonder if it was wishful thinking on the part of the team that he could improve to a level that would be called adequate.  I'm guessing moving him inside now is not possible but to my untrained eye, it looks like his shortcomings on the outside could be resolved if he played OG.  At least I hope so because they're not giving up on Neal even after a subpar season.  I also don't see them drafting another OT with their higher premium picks because it's not likely another draftee would,look more promising than Neal looked coming out and they have needs all over the team.  I have no problem with a veteran like Pugh starting at RT; I thought Remmers was ok a few years ago.  My line could be Thomas - Bredeson- Schmidt- Neal - Pugh.  Nothing to write how about but a lot better than what we've seen and if Neal is ok at RG, who knows?

TDToomer

So did Richburg. Everyone loves a rookie until they reach free agency.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

sooners56

If I remember correctly his PFF scores have been low. Eyeball test says he has been doing fine.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!