News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Home field advantage.

Started by Torus34, November 03, 2023, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torus34

The Giants/Jets game was, if I understand the 50 yard line and end zone logos, a home game for the New Jersey Giants. As the New Jersey Jets also play their home games in the same stadium, how was that determined?

Go, Big Blue!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Torus34 on November 03, 2023, 10:46:12 AMThe Giants/Jets game was, if I understand the 50 yard line and end zone logos, a home game for the New Jersey Giants. As the New Jersey Jets also play their home games in the same stadium, how was that determined?

Go, Big Blue!

They change that stuff depending on which team is playing there that day. HOW is over my pay grade, but it does not take more than a day to accomplish.  Since the Giants were the home team on the schedule for the Jets game, they used the Giants colors, logo, end zone words, etc. The league determines who is the home team. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Torus34 on November 03, 2023, 10:46:12 AMThe Giants/Jets game was, if I understand the 50 yard line and end zone logos, a home game for the New Jersey Giants. As the New Jersey Jets also play their home games in the same stadium, how was that determined?

Go, Big Blue!

The league is only concerned about the shared stadium in so much as they need to coordinate the team's schedules to prevent overlap.   This game was designated a home game by the formula the NFL uses to determine home and away teams in conference divisional matchups.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE