News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Should Kafka get the axe?

Started by B1GBLUE, November 02, 2023, 08:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Mike Kafka be relieved of play calling duties?

Yes
18 (51.4%)
No
17 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 12, 2023, 07:32:41 AM

B1GBLUE

we are currently ranked 32nd in basically EVERY single category. yes there have been injuries and personnel issues, but this is as bad as it gets. you never know, sometimes changing things up can create a spark.

Ed Vette

He should definitely get his arce out of that booth and on the field with his players.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I want to see how things play out as the line stabilizes
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I wonder if he sits in a booth at the practice field.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

As the President of the Kevin Gilbride fan club of North America, I declare this Offense broken!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

After the season changes should obviously be made.

T200

Been saying he needs to be gone for over a month now.

I get the offensive line injuries and understand how the lack of chemistry up front will kill an offense. He has done very little to call plays to maximize the talents/skills of his players. There were minimal rollouts and plays to move the pocket for Jones. No screens to alleviate the quick pressure up the middle. Very few shots downfield to move the secondary out of the box.

Yeah. He needs to be fired. Maybe he wants to be back in KC now that Bienemy is gone.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 02, 2023, 09:41:08 AMBeen saying he needs to be gone for over a month now.

I get the offensive line injuries and understand how the lack of chemistry up front will kill an offense. He has done very little to call plays to maximize the talents/skills of his players. There were minimal rollouts and plays to move the pocket for Jones. No screens to alleviate the quick pressure up the middle. Very few shots downfield to move the secondary out of the box.

Yeah. He needs to be fired. Maybe he wants to be back in KC now that Bienemy is gone.
Daboll should have hired Bienemy. Daboll can finish the season calling the plays and bring in a complimentary OC next year.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

I have a different angle. Get out of that comfy warm sky booth and get your ass onto the sidelines and work face to face with your QB and his players while they are off the field. Why isn't he on the sidelines?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on November 02, 2023, 09:54:18 AMI have a different angle. Get out of that comfy warm sky booth and get your ass onto the sidelines and work face to face with your QB and his players while they are off the field. Why isn't he on the sidelines?
I said that.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

I'd love to see what he is as a coordinator when he has his starting quarterback healthy, Barkley healthy and a mediocre offensive line. In all honesty I don't think Andy Reid would be getting much more out of this offense right now.

DaveBrown74

I voted no.

I think the Giants need to move away from this model of constantly always firing people every two years.

nb587

Last year, people were very worried that Kafka was leaving for a HC job and we were lucky he didn't get one.  Now, I'm reading this stuff.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on November 02, 2023, 10:27:40 AMLast year, people were very worried that Kafka was leaving for a HC job and we were lucky he didn't get one.  Now, I'm reading this stuff.

Exactly. The fan base is very reactionary. But our owner has been too.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: TDToomer on November 02, 2023, 09:54:18 AMI have a different angle. Get out of that comfy warm sky booth and get your ass onto the sidelines and work face to face with your QB and his players while they are off the field. Why isn't he on the sidelines?

Is there any evidence OC's on the sidelines have more success than booth guys?