News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How do you feel about the Giants winning games for the rest of the season

Started by MightyGiants, November 02, 2023, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In light of the current record how do you feel about winning or losing for he rest of the season

MightyGiants

With the proviso that there isn't a single correct way to "be a fan", how do you feel about wins and losses for the last nine games?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I don't care at this point. I just want to see them be competitive. They should have beaten Buffalo. They couldn't even pass for more than 10 yards against the Jets. Just play a game I can enjoy watching.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

I have two personas. One that roots to win every game and one who only wants to win the day before if it validates DJ and proves there is no need to draft a QB. I would be fine with losing every game the rest of the year until Sunday.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

There are roughly 3.5 hours per week when I want them to win. And the rest of the time I understand that they are better off losing.

DaveBrown74

Ok, so I voted that I want them to lose the last 9 games, but it's complicated for me.

When I watch the games, I absolutely flat out want them to win. And when they lose games they should have won, like (I think) the vast majority of fans, I'm pissed.

However, I'm answering this question right now in a calmer, more cerebral frame of mind. And truthfully I think it's better for the organization at this point if we lose most of the remaining games. That's honestly how I feel. Will I be thinking that way on Sunday? No. But it's how I feel in an underlying way.

Leek21

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 02, 2023, 09:43:55 AMWith the proviso that there isn't a single correct way to "be a fan", how do you feel about wins and losses for the last nine games?

I haven't thrown in the towel on the season yet.  Still holding on to a glimmer of hope they can somehow get the last wild card spot.  I think it is way to early to think this is not possible.

No I'm not delusional, mathematically they are still alive... if the math shows they are eliminated I will have no choice but to accept the reality of the situation.  So as things stand right now Go Giants!

H-Town G-Fan

Other. I cannot root against the Giants, but recognize that losing presents a better opportunity in the long-term. We have seen the Giants be just out of reach of top-tier prospects too many times for me to value 1-2 extra wins (when the joy is fleeting under the circumstances).

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 02, 2023, 10:54:43 AMOther. I cannot root against the Giants, but recognize that losing presents a better opportunity in the long-term. We have seen the Giants be just out of reach of top-tier prospects too many times for me to value 1-2 extra wins (when the joy is fleeting under the circumstances).
H-T: That's almost me.  IMO when you're "out of it" every game ends with a "celebration." When they win, they WON!  When they lose, they won a higher draft position!  But not this particular year.

IMO Marvin Harrison, Jr., is a generational player worth losing for. So I want them to get Harrison one way or the other, whether it involves losing a lot or, if they win "too many" games, then trade the "extra" 2nd-rounder from the Leonard Williams deal to move up. Just get him.

We don't NEED a QB for NEXT year and I don't like any of them enough to use a high 1st-rounder anyway.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

PSUBeirut

I want wins.  As many as possible.  If we're winning more games, we're more likely to have the right players and coaches in place to take the next step next year.  The draft is too much of a risky proposition to purposely tank, and tanking in my opinion wrecks a team culture and makes the coaches and GM seem like frauds in the player's eyes.

Bob In PA

Quote from: PSUBeirut on November 02, 2023, 12:30:28 PMI want wins.  As many as possible.  If we're winning more games, we're more likely to have the right players and coaches in place to take the next step next year.  The draft is too much of a risky proposition to purposely tank, and tanking in my opinion wrecks a team culture and makes the coaches and GM seem like frauds in the player's eyes.

PSU: My longer term dream is Marvin Harrison, Jr. this year and Drew Allar next year!  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

We are in rebuild year 2 so I don't expect to win. What I want to see personally is young guys playing a ton and getting better.

Banks, Hawkins, McCloud, Pinnock, Flott if those guys get a lot better we have our secondary locked for the next 5 years.

McFadden, thibs, and put in the big 7th round pick the flashed in preseason from Oregon to replace Williams, get him some reps.

I want to see Neal continue to put up better tape than the week before and the same with JMS. I want Wan Dale and Hyatt to continue getting better at their routes. I want Bellinger to be a focus.

I'm OK with us losing as long as the young guys we do have are getting better and the line solidifies itself for our new QB next year.

Uni

I reached this conclusion a couple of weeks ago:

Nothing I do or say will have any affect on the team or the outcome.

Therefore, I will root for the team to win, and for the players to excel.

If they lose, the sting is lessened knowing it helps in draft position.

There's a benefit to winning that goes beyond draft position. The Giants lost the Chase Young game but ended up with Thomas. Whatever happens happens.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Uni on November 02, 2023, 01:56:13 PMI reached this conclusion a couple of weeks ago:

Nothing I do or say will have any affect on the team or the outcome.

Therefore, I will root for the team to win, and for the players to excel.

If they lose, the sting is lessened knowing it helps in draft position.

There's a benefit to winning that goes beyond draft position. The Giants lost the Chase Young game but ended up with Thomas. Whatever happens happens.

You can also look to the Texans.  I think it was universally agreed that the Texans screwed over their prospects by winning the last (meaningless) game of the season.   Now it's looking like that really doesn't seem to be the case (although the Bears did pretty well with the first pick getting quite a bit from the Panthers to move up.  Still, it looks like the Texans drafted themselves a pretty good QB with the 2nd overall pick.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Jim

We're in around year 10 or 12 of losing. I want them win. Look where they are with all the great draft positions they've had. I can't believe anyone here wants the to lose to Dallas of Philly.

Dgoodmantrublu

I can't root against them, but it is in their best interest to be bad enough to draft a franchise QB.