News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will this be Sunday's O-line?

Started by MightyGiants, November 03, 2023, 12:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Bredeson is better at Pass protection.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Until Neal improves, the right side will continue to collapse.  He has to get wide faster and his technique has to improve in all aspects of a RT.

Gmo11

Looks like the best OL combo they've fielded all year.  Especially now that Glowinski remembered how to block.  Neal is the wild card.  Get him straightened out or get him help but if he can just not be an absolute train wreck we might see a competent OL for the first time this season!

Jclayton92

I don't know that Pugh or glow are better than Brederson.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on November 03, 2023, 01:03:41 PMUntil Neal improves, the right side will continue to collapse.  He has to get wide faster and his technique has to improve in all aspects of a RT.

True, but if the rest of the line is solidified RT can be helped with chipping.  Tough to help 2 or more spots at once.

Philosophers

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 03, 2023, 01:26:54 PMTrue, but if the rest of the line is solidified RT can be helped with chipping.  Tough to help 2 or more spots at once.

In the Dallas game when the OL was healthy and all starting, the right side collapsed under pressure particularly Neal almost every pass play.  What has materially changed?  It's not like Neal is playing much better.  Unless the Raiders pass rush from Neal's side is bad, I expect Giants to collapse.  I think Max Crosby lines up over Neal and destroys him lime he does with almost every OL he faces.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 03, 2023, 01:19:52 PMI don't know that Pugh or glow are better than Brederson.
\

right now, glow is our best OL short of thomas.

Jclayton92

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 03, 2023, 04:31:08 PM\

right now, glow is our best OL short of thomas.
Glow has had a few good games after being below average the past 18 games. I'm not sure 3 games is a better sample size than the first 18-19 on future success.