News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Official Injury Status for Raiders game

Started by MightyGiants, November 03, 2023, 02:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

How on earth did Corbin suffer a hamstring injury in just a couple of practices?!? :what:   :banghead:

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dumpster Dan

Believe it or not this is encouraging

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on November 03, 2023, 03:04:35 PMBelieve it or not this is encouraging

Dumpster Dan

It's certainly better than it has been.  I think the offense will miss Waller, but I think the return of Thomas more than offsets that loss.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dumpster Dan

Schmitz not being on the list has to be a positive

Dumpster Dan

B1GBLUE

Thats honestly a pretty decent week 9 injury report. waller being out sucks, but its time for bellinger to make a name for himself. who is our #2? cager?

andrew_nyGiants

I actually think Bellinger is more valuable in Wallers' role than he has been in what they've asked him to do this year (he's no Bavaro when it comes to blocking at this point).

So at least in the short term, let Waller heal and take away that security blanket for Dimes so he can focus on the WR crew assuming all the OL come back and perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

We're probably one of the five healthiest teams in the National Football League this week.

uconnjack8

Thomas still questionable makes me think he will be out or should be if he is still having any issues.   Definitely should have been IR'd to return

Woody

And who among us thought that Waller would ever make it through at least 3/4 of a season ?
Another example of hoping a shiny new object would make things better .
Or another example of an investment in failure....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Woody on November 05, 2023, 07:58:19 AMAnd who among us thought that Waller would ever make it through at least 3/4 of a season ?

I don't think anyone (rational) thought he was playing 17 games this year. But show me one single post by anyone here who panned the trade at the time.

Panning it now plus a token will get you on the subway.

Ed Vette

Any chance they both come back this year? They blew it with Thomas.

In the meantime, if I were Schoen, I would be looking for a much better backup QB if Jones comes back with a vengeance today and the season has at least some glimmer of hope.

Any chance Cager learned how to block in the last three months? Naahhh. There was no follow-up on Sweeney. I like that kid and it was a mystery as to what did him in.

I also don't put the odds very high on Saquon making it through the season unscathed.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Woody

Quote from: Woody on November 05, 2023, 07:58:19 AMAnd who among us thought that Waller would ever make it through at least 3/4 of a season ?

Sorry , I for one was hopeful that he would be able to play the majority of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Woody on November 05, 2023, 09:52:36 AMSorry , I for one was hopeful that he would be able to play the majority of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, but that's still possible unless I missed something about him missing the rest of the year. He has played eight games. If he misses three or four, but plays the rest, that's certainly still the majority and, I think at least, would be in line with reasonable constructive expectations. The guy played 20 games in the previous two seasons. Nobody who was being realistic (including Schoen/Daboll) thought he'd play a full season. Thankfully the price (100th overall pick) reflected that. The only big negative in my mind is that he still has a decent amount of dead cap.

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.