News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Italian Stallion or Scallion It’s Tommy Time

Started by Ed Vette, November 05, 2023, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Let's see what the kid can do without handcuffs.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bighitterdalama

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 05, 2023, 05:09:23 PMLet's see what the kid can do without handcuffs.

Ed, who would've thought the Raiders would have the edge at QB with Aiden O'Connell?

Dgoodmantrublu

He's terrible. He does not have an NFL arm at all. As we just saw on that massive underthrow to Hyatt that got intercepted.

Jaime

Messiah717

Sadly, it doesn't matter at this point.  You just need somebody out there to play the position. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jaime on November 06, 2023, 01:23:21 AMDeVito will improve with Reps. :ok:
I agree, Jaime. I don't see him as a long term starter in this league but they are grooming him to be the backup. He settled down and wasn't that bad. There were two dropped passes and one pick was on Slayton. The short pass to Hyatt went 55 yards and both Jones and Tyrod have missed Hyatt more than once.

He missed a key crossing route and there had to be others he missed but he hung in there on a few and waited for the Receiver to get open.

He actually saw WDR in the corner of the end zone wide open and I'm not convinced that DJ would have checked down on that.

Several of the sacks were on him but that comes with experience. DJ doesn't get it after five years.

Like I said at camp, not ready for prime time but he got better each and every day and it looks like they can develop him into a decent backup. I don't want TT back because he too gets injured too often at his age.

The Giants will draft a QB and Tommy will wind up on the PS again if he improves.

It will be interesting to see who tue starter will be next week in Dallas.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 06, 2023, 07:49:01 AMI agree, Jaime. I don't see him as a long term starter in this league but they are grooming him to be the backup. He settled down and wasn't that bad. There were two dropped passes and one pick was on Slayton. The short pass to Hyatt went 55 yards and both Jones and Tyrod have missed Hyatt more than once.

He missed a key crossing route and there had to be others he missed but he hung in there on a few and waited for the Receiver to get open.

He actually saw WDR in the corner of the end zone wide open and I'm not convinced that DJ would have checked down on that.

Several of the sacks were on him but that comes with experience. DJ doesn't get it after five years.

Like I said at camp, not ready for prime time but he got better each and every day and it looks like they can develop him into a decent backup. I don't want TT back because he too gets injured too often at his age.

The Giants will draft a QB and Tommy will wind up on the PS again if he improves.

It will be interesting to see who tue starter will be next week in Dallas.

Ed: Agree 100%. He has a lot of mistakes to review on tape this week. Should be infinitely better next week and I'll bet Jones/Taylor will be with him every step of the way to help in whatever manner they can. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 06, 2023, 08:00:39 AMEd: Agree 100%. He has a lot of mistakes to review on tape this week. Should be infinitely better next week and I'll bet Jones/Taylor will be with him every step of the way to help in whatever manner they can. Bob
An intangible that I liked was he didn't sulk on the bench like DJ does or visualize on his own like TT. He was eager to get back out there and was discussing with his Coaches. That shows me his enthusiasm, intestinal fortitude and resilience.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 06, 2023, 08:06:12 AMAn intangible that I liked was he didn't sulk on the bench like DJ does or visualize on his own like TT. He was eager to get back out there and was discussing with his Coaches. That shows me his enthusiasm, intestinal fortitude and resilience.
Ed: You would sulk too if your career paralleled the career of David Carr in Houston. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Lawrence Tynes
@lt4kicks
Take away some pre snap identification issues and a under thrown deep ball,  Devito performed pretty well.

Devito was accurate, quick release, has some mobility, and shows some Jersey swag. If the Offensive Line can continue to run block well,  I think you can be competitive on offense with Devito.

Be interesting to see if he gets the nod going forward. #NYGiants
11:07 AM · Nov 6, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/lt4kicks/status/1721560041067520437?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 06, 2023, 11:08:56 AMLawrence Tynes
@lt4kicks
Take away some pre snap identification issues and a under thrown deep ball,  Devito performed pretty well.

Devito was accurate, quick release, has some mobility, and shows some Jersey swag. If the Offensive Line can continue to run block well,  I think you can be competitive on offense with Devito.

Be interesting to see if he gets the nod going forward. #NYGiants
11:07 AM · Nov 6, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/lt4kicks/status/1721560041067520437?s=20
He was second in the league with 3.34 time to throw. He did his part to increase that time too.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin