News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Football Doc fears ACL for Jones

Started by MightyGiants, November 05, 2023, 05:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

I feel for him, but Mara gave him a big fat golden parachute to compensate him for his troubles. Now it's time to find our next quarterback in the draft.

katkavage

Quote from: madbadger on November 05, 2023, 05:53:52 PMI feel for him, but Mara gave him a big fat golden parachute to compensate him for his troubles. Now it's time to find our next quarterback in the draft.
Mara is why this team is consistently a joke.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

We're stuck with DJ.. ~X(

but his recovery probably will leave him out to start the year. They have to replace him regardless.

spiderblue43

Quote from: madbadger on November 05, 2023, 05:53:52 PMI feel for him, but Mara gave him a big fat golden parachute to compensate him for his troubles. Now it's time to find our next quarterback in the draft.

Yep. Mara remains the biggest issue. Barkley and Jackson should have been traded. Chris Mara is still involved...Yada yada yada. :boooo:

files58

We need 2 QB's. A starter and a backup. I/m/o Daniel Jones has taken his last snap as a NY Giant. We have Tommy effing DaVito as our QB, a Northern NJ metaphor. We need the first seven picks in the draft to approach mediocrity. 1966 redux.

TDToomer

Quote from: files58 on November 05, 2023, 08:04:59 PMWe need 2 QB's. A starter and a backup. I/m/o Daniel Jones has taken his last snap as a NY Giant. We have Tommy effing DaVito as our QB, a Northern NJ metaphor. We need the first seven picks in the draft to approach mediocrity. 1966 redux.

Matt Barkley will start next week. Book it.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

SlotCorner

Jones will start to begin the year next year, but will be be benched in favor of the guy we draft. Schoen and Daboll get to pick the Giants version of Josh Allen, they better pick as well as Buffalo did.

Just no magic like last year. Everything that could go wrong has, starting the first time we lined up for a field goal.

madbadger

Quote from: files58 on November 05, 2023, 08:04:59 PMWe need 2 QB's. A starter and a backup. I/m/o Daniel Jones has taken his last snap as a NY Giant. We have Tommy effing DaVito as our QB, a Northern NJ metaphor. We need the first seven picks in the draft to approach mediocrity. 1966 redux.

Unless he retires there is no way he isn't a Giant next year. That stupid deal makes him radioactive to other teams and his cap figure is too his to waive him. His days as our starter are coming to an end though.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: SlotCorner on November 05, 2023, 08:12:58 PMJones will start to begin the year next year, but will be be benched in favor of the guy we draft. Schoen and Daboll get to pick the Giants version of Josh Allen, they better pick as well as Buffalo did.

Just no magic like last year. Everything that could go wrong has, starting the first time we lined up for a field goal.

If he tore his ACL, he is highly unlikely to begin the season. It's probably a vet QB they bring in or the rookie they draft. Tough to have that much money tied up in a single position for 2024, but that's where signing Jones leaves them.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: SlotCorner on November 05, 2023, 08:12:58 PMJust no magic like last year. Everything that could go wrong has, starting the first time we lined up for a field goal.

Last year was a mirage.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

madB: That's precisely my view. Even if it costs Jones his job, and even if he can't get another one in the NFL (such as backup for the Giants) at least the organization didn't fail him FINANCIALLY (although IMO they DID fail him big-time in all other football respects (especially by not getting him a decent OL). It's about the same as what happened to the guy in Houston (was it Carr?).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!