News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Josh Dobbs

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2023, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I liked Dobbs coming out of college.  I thought he combined a brilliant mind with a strong arm and solid athleticism.   Yet, he really disappointed (I expected so much more from him in the NFL) since coming into the NFL with the Steelers.

Then came this season.  First, he is impressive as hell joining the Cards and immediately starting without anywhere near the amount of prep a QB needs.   To prove that wasn't a fluke, he gets traded to the Vikings and has a game for the ages, considering he didn't even know all his teammates' names

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1721554420175917463?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

A game for the ages?  20/30 for 158 yards, 7 carries for 66 yards, 3 fumbles with 2 lost.  That looks like a stat line for 2020 DJ.  They don't make ages like they used to.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 06, 2023, 11:12:10 AMA game for the ages?  20/30 for 158 yards, 7 carries for 66 yards, 3 fumbles with 2 lost.  That looks like a stat line for 2020 DJ.  They don't make ages like they used to.

Dobbs completed 20 of 30 passes for 158 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 101.8. But the stats aren't the story here — let's get to the tape, and how the Vikings pulled off this

31-28 Vikings win was the result.

With less than a week to acclimate to his new offense, Dobbs didn't have time to learn the Vikings' cadences and protections. And it wasn't as if the Vikings had any other options — running back Cam Akers, who was Minnesota's emergency quarterback, suffered his own Achilles injury against the Falcons. O'Connell, who played for the 2008 New England Patriots and had six passing attempts, may have had to suit up if anything happened to Dobbs.

And it wasn't just Akers who was out. Left tackle Christian Darrisaw was inactive with a groin injury. Receiver Justin Jefferson was still out with his hamstring injury, and receiver K.J. Osborn suffered a concussion in the Falcons game, and tight end T.J. Hockenson was playing through a rib injury.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/josh-dobbs-vikings-kevin-oconnell-brandon-powell/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE