News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Get Well Soon, Daniel Jones

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2023, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Get well soon, DJ. And TT. And Adoree. And anyone else on the team who is injured.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 06, 2023, 01:31:42 PMCrikey, that opening tweet sounds like he's suffered a Hamlin-like injury. Not torn his ACL.

I've not read a single post or tweet where the author is happy he's injured.

The over eulogising isn't for me.

Actually, I've thought about this post over the last few hours and I'm gonna walk it back.

Jones has given his all for this team and ultimately, that's all you can ever ask for.

Apologies if I appeared cold and callous. I didn't intend to, despite how the post reads.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 06, 2023, 03:12:44 PMActually, I've thought about this post over the last few hours and I'm gonna walk it back.

Jones have is all for this team and ultimately, that's all you can ever ask for.

Apologies if I appeared cold and callous. I didn't intend to, despite how the post reads.

Respect  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 06, 2023, 01:05:36 PMI can absolutely get on board with lionizing Jones as a great person, but I'm not sure I would call him a "great Giant." That type of phrase should be reserved for players who not only had great personal qualities but were also successful on the field.

DB: I probably disagree. In my years following the team I observed the term "a true Giant" has been used mostly (especially by the older crowd) to refer primarily to character, including devotion/loyalty to the organization and doing what is asked of them, even if they don't fully agree or would choose a different path. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 06, 2023, 03:12:44 PMActually, I've thought about this post over the last few hours and I'm gonna walk it back.

Jones have is all for this team and ultimately, that's all you can ever ask for.

EDj: IMO that post makes you what I call a "true Giants fan" (comparable to calling a player a "true Giant"). Bob

EDjohnst1981

Thanks, Bob. Excuse the typos. I was typing whilst doing bonfire night with the kids. I've edited it.

katkavage

Not sure I buy into the true Giant thing. I mean are there true Cowboys? True Eagles? True Panthers? LT was a true Giant I guess. No? Tiki Barber, a true Giant? Brandon Jacobs? Lots of "true Giants." Especially if they were part of Super Bowl teams.

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on November 06, 2023, 03:45:38 PMNot sure I buy into the true Giant thing. I mean are there true Cowboys? True Eagles? True Panthers? LT was a true Giant I guess. No? Tiki Barber, a true Giant? Brandon Jacobs? Lots of "true Giants." Especially if they were part of Super Bowl teams.
kat: Good point. That is probably why it's mostly old-timers who use those expressions.

Old enough to remember the days when baseball and football players primarily stayed with one team (until they had truly outlived the degree of usefulness they started with). Bob

Quick Kick

DJ is a good guy who was with a poor team. I would of liked to see how DJ would have performed with a strong OL.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he can get over his PTSD from playing behind our paper mache O line.